Chapter 6

I roamed the streets as the cars whooshed past me in wonderful colors. I looked in alleys, shop windows, surprised they were still open at this time, and people out for a night stroll.

"Eh," one guy mumbled. "I'm so happeh weh got to meet some precious geeeerls."

"I know, reet," his friend slurred. "There perdy li'l thins."

They were obviously drunk. I hoped I'd peacefully pass by them but since when did life ever go my way?

"Hey, little buh," the first guy answered, his blond hair all spiky and strangely glittery. "How's ya doin' dis fiiiine nawt?"

I didn't answer. They both laughed and took a swig from a bottle they were holding.

"Why don't ya come wit us and we show ya a goood tie?" the brunette one said. "We ceh guh ull neht!"

They were very drunk. One's hand slid down my back and squeezed my ass. I jumped and he giggled like a child.

"Firm." he said.

"Really?" the other guy said, grabbing at my butt again.

I slapped it away and they laughed again and glitter bomb grabbed my arms.

"Let's see weh ersh he's firm."

Brunette started to reach down between my legs but I kicked his jaw and his head snapped back. I kicked up over my shoulder and my foot caught blondie's head. He groaned and let me go. Yes, I know how a fight a bit and yes, I am very flexible thanks to three years of yoga. Got a personal trainer on youtube.

I ran away from them as they started to get up. I heard their hard footsteps behind me and I ran faster. I found out that I am very athletic when being chased.

I gasped when a hand shot out and grabbed my arm, pulling me in. I was pressed against someone's chest and I panicked, beating my fists against it.

"Stop!" the person said. "I'm helping you!"

I froze when I heard the slurred voices again and relaxed when they faded away.

"You okay?"

I looked up and saw a really, really, really cute guy. He had bright yellow hair, obviously dyed it, big, blue eyes, and wore a black sweater with jeans. Plus, he had a delicious Australian accent.

"You deaf or something?" he asked again.

I shook my head. I didn't speak, afraid that my voice might be to high pitched to be a guy's.

"You mute?"

I was about to answer when he spoke again.

"Well, that's not very good." he said, looking at my bag. "Run away?"

I nodded again and he grinned.

"Follow me!"

He grabbed my wrist and started pulling me deep into the alley. We reached a gate when he let me go.

"Climb over this." he ordered, already half-way up.

I poked my fingers through the holes and pulled my way up. I jumped the rest of the way down and the boy grabbed my wrist again. He dragged me into an abandoned building that was hidden behind dozens of others. As he pulled me up stairs and through doors, I heard soft voices.

"Dude, I so won." I heard.

"No, you so cheated!" someone else said.

"Hey guys!" the boy said, pushing me into a room full of guys. "A new recruit!"

I looked at him in disbelief. When did I ever hear "please join our cult" come out of his mouth.

"This guy's mute so if you want to ask him something, it has to be a yes or no question. Or, just get some paper for him to write on."

I sighed in relief, happy my disguise was working. The guys all stood up and walked to the dim lanterns spread across the room and turned them on brighter. I gasped. I new all these guys.

Jett Hendrix, Luth Michelson and Finn ...something. They all smiled at me, except Finn.

"Hey," Jett said, grabbing my hand and shaking it. "I'm Jett. And that's Luth and Finn."

He pointed to them and they waved.

"And the kidnapper behind you is Tank."

He looked down at me and grinned.

"Have we met before?" Jett said, his eyes squinting at me. "You look really familiar."

I shook my head and looked away. Please don't recognize me.

"No, seriously. We had to have met-"

"Hey guys!" someone said behind Tank.

Thank god. He jumped from behind him and held out a plastic bag.

"I brought some snacks- whoa! Hold the phone!"

He pushed Jett out of the way and stood in front of me. He wasn't much taller than me. He had bleached white hair and startling grey eyes. He wrapped his arm around me and gave me a cocky smile.

"Who's the cutie?"

Tank smashed his hand in the boy's face and pushed him away.

"Sorry, man. Hey, Neon, he's a dude! Well, not that it matters since he's bi."

The boy, Neon, stuck out his chest proudly.

"It makes me more attractive."

"How?"

Neon stuck his tongue out at him and bounced back at me.

"Hey, even though your a dude, your still a cutie. What's your name?"

"N-Nico." I whispered.

"Whoa!" Tank said. "I thought you were mute!"

I gave him a look and Neon laughed.

"Now this is my kind of guy!"

He purred and I uncomfortably pushed him away.

"Stop being so gay," Jett said, pushing him. "Your freaking him out."

"I'm not being gay! I'm being bi." he shot back.

Jett rolled his eyes and patted my shoulders.

"Don't worry. He did that to me for a few weeks before he finally gave up."

I nodded. Greet. Another touchy-feely greeting. Then Luth came over and smiled.

"Welcome to the club. Well, gang."

I looked up at him, like looking up at the ceiling, and he wrinkled his brows.

"Your tiny." he said.

"Yeah, I know." I said, keeping my voice low.

"Leave him alone guys," Finn said, actually talking. "Your all making him uncomfortable."

They backed up and Neon reached into the plastic bag.

"Luckily, I brought extra ice cream. Who wants some?"