Chapter 20

"Wake up, sun shine!" Neon shouted over my rice wall.

I groaned and turned over and my blankets. He sighed and jumped in. He tore off the sheets and lifted me to my feet.

"What?" I say drowsily.

"You've got to watch this!"

I rubbed my eyes and Neon pulled me out of my bed. He dragged me out of the building and pointed to Tank standing with two girls. One crying.

"What's... happening?" I asked.

"He just broke up with her."

"He's in a relationship?"

"Was."

"Why," The girl blubbered. "I did everything for you!"

"Exactly. I hate being babied." Tank said.

"I-i'll change! I'll be better! Give me a second chance, baby."

He rolled his eyes and walked away. He passed by us and he grinned.

"Girls. So needy." he said.

I was so close to punching his perfect face. I flipped a birdy behind his back and Neon giggled.

"Is he always like that with girls?"

"Yeah! It's hilarious!"

I sighed and ran out to the girl.

"Are you, um, okay?" I asked.

The girl looked up from her hands and she glared at me.

"Your his friend, aren't you? Why are you here?"

"Just wanted to know if you're okay."

I patted her shoulder and she suddenly started sobbing.

"You smell like him! I hate you! Go away!"

She started beating her fists against my chest and I ran back to Neon.

"Jesus! What's her problem?"

"She's not the worst one. There's this other girl, Missy, beautiful as she is, she's stalked Tank for a full year! She evened tried to break into the building! Terrifying. Why are you girls always so weird?"

"Why are guys so gross?"

"Cause we are."

"Exactly."

I ran back upstairs and saw Tank sitting on a mysterious chair and looking through a bikini magazine. I could practically see him drool.

"You're a pig, you know that?" I said, ripping the magazine from his hands.

"Hey! If you want one, go steal one yourself!" he said, snatching it back.

"If you were nicer, maybe you'd actually have some decent girlfriend!"

"Why do you care who I date? Interested?"

He flashed me a grin and flexed his muscles. Neon came up behind me and hissed at him.

"Mine." he said.

I pushed him off me and glared at Tank.

"Stop being such an ass! You need to be more appreciative! You're lucky they even went out with you!"

Tank looked up from his bikinis and gave me a deadly look.

"You're just like my parents. Do this, do that, like this, like that. I don't need to be treated like a child! I don't need this shit!"