Chapter 22

Hey, all my precious readers! Thnx for all your comments, support, and luv! I really appreciate it! Also, plz tell me either (and this is like a mini pole) whether your on team Nico, Tank, Luth, Jett, Finn, Neon, or Tino! Thnx! <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"NO!" Everyone said at once. Even little Tino. Bet he doesn't even know what they were talking about.

"Why not?" I said.

"Cause i'm pretty sure you can't beat a single one of the Watts let alone their leader." Jett said.

"I can too! Besides, he kidnapped me and I want some serious pay back!"

"He's got a point." Finn said.

I smiled in victory but Jett only shook his head.

"Oh, come on! I can beat most of you guys so why not Kevin!"

"Cause most of us aren't even as good as his new recruits! What ever you're thinking, you are not going."

"Hey, Finn, when are we supposed to go?"

"Actually, I gave you a pretty late notice. Tonight at midnight." he said.

"Okay than," I said. "I'm going. And you're coming with me."

I walked back into my room/rice sack and pulled on a thick black sweater.

"What are you doing?" Jett said, peeking over the edge.

"Changing into something thick so if I get punched, it won't hurt so bad."

I tore through my bag and looked for gloves. Unfortunately, I didn't have any.

"I already said no." he said, jumping in and zipped up my bag.

"You've seen me fight before! You know i'm ready for a fight!"

"Not with him! I don't want you getting hurt!"

I glared at him. I pulled my bag from his hands and pulled out thick soled sneakers that i'd found in the dumpster. Apparently, this person didn't think these were good enough for him.

"I'm going and you can't say anything about it." I said.

I pulled on my shoes and I glanced at Jett. I was shocked to see him smiling and shaking his head.

"So stubborn. Just like her." he mumbled.

He jumped out of my room and reached into his. He ran back over to mine and tossed something at my face. It landed on my lap and I smiled. They were gloves. Not just any gloves but very fancy ones. The were leather and fingerless. Like he'd taken scissors and snipped them off. There was metal knuckle guards on the top and a clasp at the wrist to tighten it.

"It took a very long time to get so take good care of them." Jett said.

I nodded and he ruffled my hair. Gosh, why is he so nice all of a sudden? And who did he mean by her?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I laid face flat on the floor while Tino sat on my back. Waiting for midnight was like waiting for your birthday to open  your presents. Though, the best present i've ever got was a card that said "Happy Birthday loser. You've just lived another year."

"Go! Go!" Tino said.

He kicked my sides and I laughed. He's picked up some more words lately and i'm so proud. He's also gotten much cuter. We've gelled up his now longer hair into tiny little spikes on top of his head. I swear, whens he's older, he's gonna be a ladies man.