[ 9 ]

DAY 'N' NITE — Kid Cudi

I awoke to the feeling of crisp air skimming my torso, scanning the atmosphere of the room I was currently placed in.

I noticed that a blanket I was previously entangled in was moved to the bottom of the sleeping bag I had slept upon; the scattered bits of the duvet intertwined between Benny's legs.

I studied him in his sleeping state—his hand still ravelled with mine as a tranquil expression painted his unconscious features.

The sun casted mellow glows upon his angelic features, his curled lashes orchestrating shadows that defined the subtle contrast and curves of his defined cheekbones and bronze skin.

A gust of ruby smeared upon my expression as he stirred awake slowly, his eyes cracking open to be locked on mine.

"Good morning," his voice groggily croaked, the sound almost engulfing me in a trance.

"Hi," I chuckled awkwardly, my torso still laid down next to his.

"Did you sleep okay?" He asked, heaving his upper body up to stretch.

"Sorta, how about you?" I replied nonchalantly.

"It was okay until I felt someone kick the blanket off me and your small crying every so often, other than that my sleep was spectacular," Benny declared, piercing my vision with a bright grin.

"I'm sorry about the. . . nightmares." I apologized, also sitting up to scan the atmosphere.

I looked around the room to see it empty, all of the other boys belongings scattered around messily.

"It's okay, I just wish you would've let me help you," he admitted.

"Trust me Benny, it's better off if you don't,"

A sigh exhaled from his twisted lips, "I've gotta disagree with you there, Canada."

I ignored his subtle protests at trying to talk to me about the haunting dreams that captured me at night. Instead, I stood up and shook my ruffled auburn curls and fixed my outfit, realizing that I forgot to change into the pyjamas I had brought with me last night.

I brushed the bottom of my charcoal jeans and shimmied in my madder stained hoodie so it would adjust to my torso properly.

Benny watched me through the process as I begun slipping my shoes on, not a single word trailing from his lips. The silence wasn't uncomfortable, it was calm and assisted me on getting dressed faster.

Eventually, Benny followed my actions as he stood up and retrieved his backpack, grabbing a change of clothing.

"Elena," he called out. "Do you mind if I change  here or are you gonna get weirded out?"

A chuckle vibrated from my lips, "no Benny, it's fine."

He proceeded to discard his clothing, leaving him shirtless and me breathless. I stared at his semi-toned body and brightly lit bronze skin which looked as though it were tinted in specs of gold.

My cheeks betrayed me of embarrassment as he turned to me with an amused expression dancing upon his features.

I couldn't contain my composure much longer. "I'm gonna g—wait in the backyard for you and see if I can find the block heads,"