thirty-five

━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━

Lost But Found

━━━━━━━━

IT WAS ONE of the most heart-warming of moments. Athena sat with her siblings at a table. Rebekah was professing why she wanted the cure that was currently in Elijah's possession. Klaus was trying not to laugh while Athena and Elijah listened intently. Rebekah really wanted the cure, just Elijah was hesitant to give it to her.

Rebekah spoke with so much emotion that Athena was proud of her. She believed that her sister deserved the cure. After everything they endured, they all deserved happiness. "Elijah, being a human means a fresh start. I can grow old and have a family and fill my days with meaning, knowing that each one matters."

Athena nodded with a smile and that's when Klaus lost it, laughing. "Well, that was poetic."

Her eyes switched to her brother. "It's not like you want it, Nik. Unless you have a good enough reason for you wanting it, then, please."

They all looked over at him and Klaus put his hands on the table. "Silas can appear as anyone. He got inside my thoughts, convinced me I was dying. He will torment me until I give him the cure."

Rebekah added, "And in doing so he will break down the wall to the Other Side."

"So it doesn't trap him there when he dies. He wants to reunite with his lost soulmate." He looked back to Elijah. "You of all lovesick fools should applaud his devotion."

Athena did not appreciate that comment and scowled. "You do realize that once the Other Side is destroyed, all of the supernatural beings that have died will come back to life."

"Including our dear brothers, Kol and Finn. We'll have our family back," Klaus agreed.

She glared because she knew that Klaus knew that wasn't what she meant. Rebekah continued to argue with him. "Please, you hated Kol and you kept Finn in a box for most of his life."

Klaus grinned and then gestured toward Rebekah. "Elijah, please."

"Your personal discomfort might not be sufficient reason for putting the entire world in jeopardy, Klaus," Elijah explained. Rebekah smiled as she realized what was happening. Klaus glared. "I think our sister deserves a shot at happiness."

Their brother wasn't taking it. "Tell me you're joking. Tell me you're not fating me to an eternity of torture."

"I made my decision."

Klaus stood swiftly and leaned down to Rebekah's ear. "When you're sick and dying, and you beg for my blood, I will laugh in your face and compel you to forget me."

With that, he left the room. Rebekah remained calm and touched her hear, clearing her throat. Athena was smiling like an idiot because her sister was finally getting what she wanted. "Where is the cure?"