thirteen

━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━

Normal Family Of Mine

━━━━━━━━

THE LAST FEW DAYS HAD BEEN boring for Athena. First, Klaus had ended up leaving both her and Rebekah, making them move in with the Salvatore brothers, then Rebekah had started high school, leaving Athena alone for hours as she read in the library at the Boarding House (though Klaus did call her a few times to check up on her, feeling guilty for leaving without her or Rebekah). Soon after that, some of the dead supernatural creatures came back to help with the many ongoing situations.

And this was all happening while Athena stayed at the Boarding House. She spent most of her time there, mainly in the library, reading for hours on end. But she also spent some time in the woods, shifting and getting used to her wolf form.

Rebekah had apologized many times that she was sorry she wasn't around much. Athena always told her it was ok even though it did hurt her feelings. She wondered why Klaus didn't take them with him; if maybe she had done something wrong to make him leave.

To ease her sadness of not seeing her pack mate for days, Athena let her mind wander to the red-headed boy from her dreams. Despite what she hoped, his face was never shown. But she heard his voice every time. However, when she woke up, she forgot what his voice sounded like. Athena came to the conclusion that she must have known the boy during her time on the Other Side.

It made her upset though because - with the boy - she got the same feeling she got with all of her other pack mates, but it was stronger as if he was something special to her pack. As if he was something special to her.

Athena had thought about what Gloria had told her about the two Nyxs. And with that information, she felt as if the red-headed boy in her dreams was the male Nyx. But, if that was the case, why didn't she feel the void in her chest of him being dead?

---

Elena, Damon, and Alaric looked at the drawings on the cave wall with curiosity.

"What is all this?" Elena asked.

"Well, as far as I can tell, it's a story. In simple, archaeological terms, it's a really, really old story," Alaric explained. He pointed at the wall while Elena held the flashlight at the drawings. "That right there is the moon cycle." He pointed to another drawing. "A man, a wolf."

"A werewolf."

"Yeah, it's the "Lockwood Diaries: Pictionary-Style"," Damon smirked.

Elena ignored him as she expressed her confusion. "I don't understand. I thought the Lockwoods came here with the Original Founders in the 1860s."

"I don't know. Maybe the Lockwoods did, but according to this wall, these werewolves have been here a lot longer than that," Alaric told her.

"How long?"