thirty-four

━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━

A Sister's Forgiveness

━━━━━━━━

SHE DIDN'T KNOW what should hurt her more: Rebekah bonding with Elena all the way in New York, or Klaus teaming up with Caroline and Stefan to help Bonnie. Another day in the woods for her it was. It annoyed her beyond belief because no one seemed to think that she could take care of herself. Sure, Athena had "died" a few times on the island, but she was trying to get better at fighting.

On the bright side, she had gotten more time to get used to her wolf form, which by now, didn't even hurt a bit.

Athena was reading in the study when she got calls and messages from Klaus, all she ignored. But after a while, her guilt got the best of her so she got up and went to his house. The house was dim and quiet. "Nik! I'm here, this better be good!"

"Go away," his voice came.

She flicked a piece of hair out of her eyes as she entered the parlor to see him leaning on the piano, shirtless. "What are you doing?"

"I need more time. Stop hounding me!" he exclaimed with anger.

Athena put her hands up in surrender. "Calm down, Nik. I just ignored you for a little while, guilt got the best of me so here I am."

His eyes softened in relief once he realized that it was indeed his sister. "Prove that your Athena."

"I don't know what to say! Who knows what Silas knows! You know what, forget it. I should've just ignored you."

When she went to leave, he called out to her, "Wait, please. Silas. He stabbed me with the white oak stake." That grabbed her attention and she became concerned. Athena turned around.  "There's a-- a piece of it stuck inside me."

Athena sighed and then went over to him. "And why would Silas attack you?"

"Well, I was in no position to ask questions. Suffice it to say, I'm hurt. Now can you please help me?"

She looked right at him and crossed her arms over her chest. "I still haven't forgiven you."

He nodded. "I know. But I am sorry, Athena. I was angry, please forgive me."

The genuine apology was hard to ignore. Athena nodded and then walked closer to him. "I'll think about your apology. So what do you want me to do?"

"Well, it's quite simple, really. I need you to cut the stake out of me."

Her face fell, her eyes widening in horror. She glanced over at a pair of bloody pliers lying on the tug. Athena took a deep breath and then grabbed the pliers. Klaus slowly stood and turned his back to her. His back was already bloody from previous trying.