1. How It Started

It was what you could call a nice summer day in Omaha, Nebraska. My brother Jack and his friends Sam, Mack, and Jack slept over. Let me tell you, it's not that great being Jack Gilinsky's little sister. It's a life full of screaming girls down the block. I mean I'm happy for him, or whatever...

Anyway, I like to share this story a lot. It's probably one of my favorite experiences ever. I went from hating Magcon to loving it. I don't know why but I guess it just happened, you know?

There was this one boy, irresitable eyes, who completely changed my view on this tour. He was so perfect, funny, kind, and even smart. Not that any of them are dumb. But this one, he just stuck out to me.

His name is Hayes.

So yeah, back to the reason why I'm telling you this story about how I fell in love with something I hate. I like to relive the good parts in my life. This was definitely one of them. There's about a million more I could list out but I'm sure you don't want to hear about them as much as this one.

So, why not get this story started?

It all happened on a nice day in San Diego, California.

--------------------

It was the morning in Omaha. I had just woken up when Jack comes into my room and smacks me. Jack Johnson was filming it the whole time and Sam was just laughing. I was mad for a minute but then I started laughing as I wipe the shaving cream off.

"Real funny guys," I smile as I get up.

I was wearing my normal pajamas. A tie-dye t-shirt and some running shorts that Jack's friend Claudia gave me. My hair was down in a tangled mess and make-up was smeared underneath my eyes. I rubbed my eyes and stared out the window.

"It's so bright ugh," I close the curtains.

"Whatever sleepy head. Breakfast is ready," Jack says. I brush my hair in my mirror and wipe off the make-up. Then I walk downstairs to a delicious smell.

I sit down next to Sam and pour a glass of orange juice. Sam flicks my ear and laughs.

"Ow!" I say, laughing. I flick him in the shoulder and he rubs it.

Me and Sam always had a connection but not that kind of connection. For Pete's sake, I'm only thirteen. People always think were a couple. I have no idea why I mean I look like a normal thirteen-year-old. He's like the brother I've always wanted. No offense to Jack though, he's a great brother, really.

My mom sets a plate in front of me. I thank her as she moves to her seat. Then my Dad comes from downstairs.

"Hello family," He smiles. "And Sam and Jack," He laughs.

"Hi Mr. Gilinsky," Jack and Sam laugh.

We have our normal family breakfast. Jack and Sam have basically become apart of our family. The three of them hang out like all the time. Almost as much as my friend Hunter and I hang out.

"So what's the plan for the weekend?" My mom says.

"Well Magcon San Diego is this Friday. We're supposed to be flying out tomorrow I think." Jack says.

"Ooo that sounds fun," My parents smile. "What about you Spencer? Any plans?"

"Eh, not really. Me and Hunter are probably gonna just go swim in the backyard or something." I shrug.

"Well tell her she's welcome to come over." My mom smiles.

"That sounds so boring Spence," Jack says.

"Shut up Jack. I don't have fans," I laugh.

"Liar," He says.

"Whatever." It's quiet for a bit as forks clack against plates. Then Sam speaks up.

"You know what?" Sam smiles. "You should come with us!"

"What? No way," I say.

"Yeah, that's actually a good idea!" Johnson says.

"Totally, and you can bring Hunter! I know she loves Magcon, Spence."

"Yeah she does but that doesn't mean I want to go." I say.

"C'mon, you've always wanted to go to California. It'll be fun, I swear."

"No, I don't think so. I'd really rather not spend a week with annoying fan girls. I do that enough with Hunter. She's practically in love with you three and Mack."

"C'mon, just do it!" Sam begs.

"That sounds fun. Why don't you do it Spence? Free trip to Cali?" My Dad laughs.

"No, I'd much rather stay home."

"C'mon Spence, it'll be fun. Go have fun! Besides, you'll get out of school!" My mom smiles. She had a point.

"Fine." Everyone cheers and smiles. Johnson even claps.

"That's our girl," Sam pats me on the back.

"Whatever," I smile.

After breakfast, I go up to my room and begin to pack. Then I hear footsteps coming up the stairs to my room. The door swings open.

"AHHHHHH!" Hunter screams. I almost throw my clothes out the window.

"Jesus Christ Hunter!" I say. "You almost made me throw my clothes out the window!"

"I'm sorry! I'm so excited! Your brother just told me that he's taking me and you to Magcon! IN SAN DIEGO!" She screams again.

"Hunter, stop. Really."

"Sorry grouchy pants. Why don't you like Magcon?"

"You've asked me this like four hundred times." I tell her. She looks at me with an eyebrow raised. "Okay, okay. I don't know, I guess since Jack is my brother, the fame is kind of annoying..."

"Oh c'mon. You've got like 100k followers on everything."

"That's not the point. I mean everyone's nice I just don't understand the hype about it. They're just teenagers."

"Yeah well Ansel Elgort is just an actor." She smiles.

"Don't you bring Ansel into this. He's the literal definition of perfection."

"Yeah well to four hundred million plus people in the world, magcon is too."

"Yeah, I guess."

After a few hours of packing and talking. Hunter runs down the street to her house to grab her suitcase to spend the night and then head out the next morning. Soon enough, she's back.

"I can't wait for the morning, Spence. I can't wait to meet Cameron and Nash. Oh my gosh, and Matt! Oh and-"

"Yeah, yeah Shawn and Mahogany. I know the deal." I cut her off.

"Sorry grouchy pants." Hunter says with a low voice.

"Sorry, I'm just not too excited."

"Just pretend they're all Ansel. It'll be fun, I promise."