Chapter Twenty-Four

Song of the chapter - Tell Her You Love Her by Echosmith

Eliana began to step away from the clearing, attempting to go after Blaike. Her concern about his reaction to the Prophesy including himas a part of it was stronger than her need to continue questioning the Ancients. But a gentle hand on her arm pulled her back to the group.

"There is something more you must hear." Queen L'Oran spoke quietly. Her eyes moved over to where Aine stood, causing Eliana to look her way as well.

"You can't very well fight the battle ahead without this," she said as her hand drew an object from under her cloak. Aine was dressed in the traditional Seer clothing, a light fabric gathered just under the chest and flowing loosely to the ground. But a dark hooded cloak, similar to the one Nura had put on Eliana the night before, had been added both for warmth and for Aine to remain hidden from prying eyes. The Seer who led the exile, the mother of the dark leader, needed to be kept from view of the enemy.

Eliana looked down at her grandmother's outstretched hand and pulled in a sharp breath. A stone with violet flecks of light glowing from within was laying in the palm of Aine's hand.

"Peace," she stated simply. Eliana understood it to mean that the Seers had uncovered the missing StarStone from the eternal garden. "It is now yours, to be joined with Strength."

"As you add the stones to the necklace, the power contained within will continue to balance," an Ancient explained. The male with the golden sash stepped forward and gestured to the newest stone, a silent request to be permitted to touch it. Eliana nodded, still feeling overwhelmed due to the reverence with which she was being treated, as someone to be honored. He took the stone and lifted it to her neckline, removing the ever-present Glabra leaves which hid the necklace from view. Then he simply lay the stone on its awaiting spot, immediately and securely attached to the metal by some unknown bond. A sense of calm enveloped Eliana as soon as the two elements became one.

Her eyes came up in surprise, looking towards the leaders standing in front of her. "Yes, my dear. As the stones are returned to their rightful place, a balance of emotions will result from the bond. You have had battle-worthy strength while training, now you will also have a presence of peace, affording you a clear mind to make decisions. When Power is returned, no one who rises against you will prosper." The golden-sashed Ancient explained, referring to the final stone, the one entrusted with Claec while she was still a young Seer.

The calming effect remained as images of Blaike once again filtered through the many thoughts Eliana had. Before she could go after him, however, she had one question that had plagued her since training with Aine at the refuge.

"Why am I still not able to wield the Starlight, if I am the Holder and I have the necklace? Is the third stone required before that will happen? How am I to fight in battle without that skill?" She hurried her words, needing answers immediately.

"As we have explained about unconditional love being able to defeat the dark powers, it is also needed to awaken that aspect of your gift. Join with the one watching over the night, then and only then will you be able to control the Starlight." Eliana had lost focus on which Ancient was explaining the final aspect of her gifts. She suddenly wondered about the legend, the story of the Healers and the fourth stone that she had read about in the Star Map book she had borrowed.

"Is there not another stone, the one spoken of in the legend of the Healers?" Eliana looked to the Ancients for information, and hope. She was met with shaking heads instead.

"The fourth stone was indeed legend, from an early time in the history of our Starlight. Even the trees do not have knowledge of its whereabouts, or its existence. It is not within our grasp." The female Ancient explained, thereby ending Eliana's thoughts of the stone.