Chapter Twenty-Three: I'm Friends With THE Matthew Espinosa

"So are you going to tell me what happened back at the venue?" Matthew said as we walked inside my house.

I hesistated, "It was honestly nothing. I get so emotional sometimes that I don't even know why half of the time." I then walked over and sat down on the couch that was in the living room. I saw Matthew follow me and sit right beside me.

"You're a terrible lier, do you know that?" He chuckled then looked at me, "So now are you going to tell me what's really wrong with you?"

"I'd much rather show you then tell you," I said as I pulled out my phone. I opened up Instagram and opened up to one of my pictures that was of me and Katherine at Magcon Day One. I showed him the 203 comments and I just scrolled. Some of the comments said, "Matthew is mine. Stay away." "What does Matthew even see in you?" "Why are you guys even dating?" "Ugly" "Slut" It hurt me just by looking at these comments.

Matthew moved his hand over to where the phone was held by me. He then slightly pushed the power button turning it off. He then looked at me, "Don't listen to them. Don't let them get to you. There will be haters, but you just need to show them that they aren't going to mess with you."

I threw my phone at the ground and then buried my face in my hands, "But I don't get why this is happening to me. We aren't even dating."

"Rumors are rumors. It's kind of what happens when you're friends with me. We're a packaged deal," Matthew said as he removed my hands from my face so I could look at him.

I laughed, wiping away the tiny tears from my face. "Well, is there any way I could just be with you and not have the fans interfere?"

"Hm, I don't think that's how it works. Plus the fans have always been there for me. They're just looking out for me, but they just don't know that I can look out for myself," Matthew laughed.

"Well the fans are cool, or at least the ones that actually like me. But they all think we're dating," I said.

Matthew said, "Then let them think what they think. I mean, I don't mind it."

I started to feel my cheeks become hot. I was blushing. Did he just imply that he didn't mind if the fans said we were dating? What is even happening?

I then quickly stood up and grabbed Matthew's wrist, "Well thanks for taking me home, but I bet the guys are waiting up for you and so I don't want to make you stay." I started pulling him towards the front door.

Then Matthew just stopped walking, causing me to pull him relentlessly not knowing that he wasn't moving, "Woah. Not so fast. I told the guys they could go on without me so that isn't going to be a problem."

"Fine, I guess you can stay," I said, trying to sound less excited as possible. "So what should we do?"

Matthew smiled, "I got an idea." He pulled out his phone from his pocket, "Let's ask the fans what we should do." Then I saw Matthew tweet.

Matthew Espinosa @themattespinosa : What should @jenniwaterss and I do on this Tuesday night?

After merely seconds, I hear Matthew's phone continuously making a dinging sound. He looked at the replies, "YouNow. Omegle. YouNow. YouNow. Call fans. Vine. YouNow."

I laughed at him, "I guess we have to give them what they want. A YouNow it is then." I then grabbed Matthew's wrist and pulled him into my room where my MacBook was.

I grabbed my MacBook and there it onto my bed and turned it on, awaiting for it to process.

I saw Matthew go over to look at my wall where there were many collages of all sorts of things. Then I remembered something. Crap. There's a collage of Matthew and the Magcon boys over there. How embarrassing.