Chapter 35

Chanel Rhodes|Nelle

It's been a week now since I've found out that I'm pregnant. I still haven't told King but I plan on doing it today.

I actually went to the doctor yesterday to confirm that I was really pregnant and indeed. I am she prescribed me prenatal.

I got the prescription filled at the same time I left the doctors office and went to pick them up about an hour after.

I'm currently in the middle of setting up the little reveal for King. He's out playing basketball with the boys right now so I have plenty of time.

I got a plain wooden box in which I'm going to put everything.

At first, I put the handwritten not that I wrote in the bottom.

The note read "Sorry my emotions have been all over the place lately but now we know why... baby is expected to arrive in January 2018"

Next, I folded the unisex footy pajamas that have a little patch that said "wild about daddy" and placed it over the note.

I added the positive pregnancy test to the box along with two pacifiers before I closed it and set it off to the side.

He ended up coming home about 45 minutes later sticky and sweaty from playing ball all day.

He kissed my lips and offered for me to come and take a shower with him but I declined so he went to go shower.

After he got out of the shower he got dressed and was about to leave the room before I stopped him.

"Hold On Babe come hear I gotta show you something"

He turned back around to face me as he spoke.

"What is it?"

"Come sit down first," I said to which he responded by doing as he was asked.

"Ok now what is it?"

I got up from my position on the bed and pulled the box from beneath the pillows before handing it to him.

"Open it"

He looked from the box to me then to the box again before opening it.

When he saw the pregnancy test his mouth fell open and his eyes got big.

I was standing off to the side nervous and quiet while he continued to pull stuff from the box.

He pulled out the footie pajamas and examined it before he got to the note.

He took it out of the box and read it before a huge smile formed on his face.

"You're not just fucking with me right now are you?"

I shook my head no before I spoke.

"I wouldn't even play like that," I said honestly.

"Commere,"he said as he lightly tugged on my hand pulling me towards him.

He made it to where I was standing in front of him before he lifted my shirt and kissed my stomach.

"So you're not mad..?" I asked kind of trailing off at the end.

"Why would I be mad?" he asked as he looked up at me.

I shrugged my shoulders before I spoke.

"I don't know, I thought you'd probably say you're not ready for a kid or that we're too young"

"If anything you're the one who should be mad," he said as he pulled me down to sit on his lap

"Why should I be mad?" I asked confused

"Because a baby might get in the way of all your plans, I know how much going to College means to you and..." I cut him off before he could even finish.

"Plans are just exactly that...plans. They don't always work out how you thought they would. I'm still going to college with my big belly. I was never planning to live in a dorm, I'm getting my own apartment and I didn't plan on going to school out of state so there's no inconvenience for me but you, on the other hand, I don't know"

"I was planning on going to school here too and you don't have to get an apartment you can move in with me," he said with a shrug

We continued to talk about school and living arrangements and stuff then he asked a question that made me freeze up.

"How are we going to tell our parents?"

"Ok pops is pretty cool and he loves you so he won't trip, your mom loves me so she might be mad but not that mad but your dad is gonna hang me by my balls," he said which caused me to laugh a little.

"It'll be fine as long as we can get my mom on our side" I said with a shrug

Whatever my mom says goes.

We ordered Chinese takeout because we were both in the mood for Chinese. We ended up just chilling in bed for the rest of the day watching movies.
———————————————————————————————-
This chapter's pretty short Y'all don't have to tell me I know. Excuse any errors this is unedited.

-Dymond💕