Chapter Five

"Dad, maniwala ka sa akin. I know what I saw!" I exclaimed, in desperate need to alleviate the pain in my chest. I had witnessed my mother's infidelity and my own father wouldn't believe me. Dad just quietly sat in Lolo Jaime's lazyboy in his study, swirling a glass of whiskey in his hand.

"Tama na, Bryce. Just stop." He leaned back in his seat, his shoulders sagging. "What your saying is impossible. Okay kami ng Mommy mo. Wala kaming problema. She loves me. Hindi ako magagawang lokohin ni Valerie. Hell, that Vito is just a kid. Bakit naman doon pa papatol ang Mommy mo? When your Mom and I started living together, he was still probably swimming in his father's nutsack."

"You know what Mom said the other day? Vito reminds her of you when you were young. She's re-living her youth through him. Sino ba ang palagi niyang kasama nitong mga nakaraang araw? Nasaan siya ngayon? Kasama niya si Vito, she's giving him the best blow-"

"Stop it, Bryce!" Dad shot up to his feet and threw his glass on the floor with so much force that it shattered into million pieces. "Hindi ka ba titigil sa pinagsasabi mo? Kung anu-anong kalokohan ang pumapasok diyan sa utak mo! What do you think you're doing? Gusto mo bang masira ang pamilya natin sa pinagsasabi mo? Don't you make any accusations about your mother like that."

"Hindi ka ba talaga naniniwala sa akin, Dad?" My voice shook as tears welled up my eyes. "Bakit naman ako magsisinungaling?"

"Because I know your mother more than anyone. Hindi ako lolokohin ni Valerie. That could be any woman for all we know. Hindi ba sabi mo, nakatalikod ang babae?"

"Dad..." I looked at him with pity as I shook my head. "I can't believe this."

"Ayaw ko na marinig na banggitin mo ito kahit kailan sa kahit sino, naiintindihan mo?" His expression hardened.

I marched out of the room and slammed the door close, tears began to fall from my eyes as I was walking. I locked myself in my room and cried my eyes out. Mom and Dad's love story had always been my favorite fairytale. I once dreamt of a love like their's and now everything I believed in about them kind of just blew up in my face. This was the day I found out that my Mom was nothing but a cheating whore and my Dad was a spineless fool.

After locking myself up for hours in my room, I decided to get myself something to eat as I was already getting hungry. Sakto naman sa dating ni Mommy. I was ready to confront her and tell her that she was a disgusting excuse of a wife.

"Saan ka galing?" I asked, my arms crossed over my chest as I looked at her from head to toe.

"I went horseback riding." She answered and then her gaze lowered, a tell-tale sign that she was lying.

My eyes narrowed. "Really? Sino'ng sinakyan mo?" Si Vito?

"Val, honey..." Dad suddenly walked in, swerve-walking.

"Axel?" She quickly caught Dad in her arms and tried to keep him steady. "Have you been drinking?"

"Nagkatuwaan lang kami ni Tristan." He chuckled and cupped Mom's face. "Where have my honey been? Bakit late ka na umuwi?"

"I was just at the stables." She answered and reached up to touch Dad's face. "Hon, nasobrahan ka yata ng inom. Magpahinga ka na."

"Who were you with?" Dad asked.

"I- I was by myself." I could hear the quiver in her voice as she lied to my own father, her husband.

"Ganon ba?" Dad chuckled and hiccuped. "I was waitung for you to come home. I love you so much, Val."

"I'm sorry, hon." Iyon lang ang nasabi ni Mom.

"Oh, I forgive you. You know I always will. I love you, Val." He cupped his face and kissed her.