Chapter Nine

I didn't know how I was going to face him after he just walked in on me naked with a hand between my legs. I wasn't stupid. I knew what he thought I was doing which I totally was not doing.

I looked myself in the mirror one more time after I had fixed myself. I looked myself dead in the bloodshot eye and closed them, taking a huge breath in. Then I opened my eyes again. I could do this. I had seen my Mom giving him head. What could possibly be more worse than that? Mas nakakahiya sila. Mas nakakasuka ang kababuyan nilang dalawa. I could feel anger burning in my throat at the thought pf that.

I walked to the door and quietly pushed it open. The high floor-to-ceiling window was the first thing I ever saw when I opened the door. It had a beautiful view of the city with soft morning light bathing over it. He had a loft pad, three doors on the second floor and you could see the living room below from here when you look over the glass railings.

I slowly walked down the stairs and Vito was there, having breakfast on the dining table. He lifted his eyes up to me and our gaze met. The corners of his eyes crinkled when he smiled at me.

"Good morning, I thought you'd never get out of bed." He said with a grin before lifting his mug to his lips and taking a sip from it. "Enjoyed yourself?"

I could feel the heat burning from my cheeks to my ears. "I wasn't- you know what I don't even care!"

"It's natural. Men do it, women do it. Besides, I like my women wild."

"Of course, you do." I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over to my chest. "Ano ba ang ginagawa mo dito?"

"Well for one, this is my house."

"That's not what I meant! Baka nandito ka ngayon sa Manila? Are you stalking me?"

"Business. I wasn't stalking you. I just happened to see you in a bar, drunk beyond sane comprehension. You don't really seem happy to see me."

"Because I'm not. You're not supposed to be here. Did you... did you touch me? May ginawa ka ba sa akin? Don't lie." I was trying hard not to let my voice squeak.

"Why? Did you want me to?" He said in a mocking tone.

"Just answer me, damn it!" I shouted, my voice shook with so much intensity. I already feel disgusting enough with all the alcohol I had I couldn't clearly recall what had happened last night and how I ended up here, but the fact that I had done something with the man who my mother was cheating on my Dad made me feel even more filthy.

He pushed himself away from the table and got to his feet. He slowly walked up to me, taking his time, before stopping in front of me. Vito was a tall man, I had to slightly tilt my head up to look him in the eye as I swallowed back the lump in my throat.

"Walang nangyari. I did not touch you inappropriately. I wouldn't do that to a drunk woman. But who knows what could've happened if you were taken home by another man? You could've taken advantage of by some man. You can't be careless with yourself like that." He looked at me, his tone between gentle and scolding.

"What do you care? You're not my dad." Yet. I scowled.

"What? Is this some kind of weird hobby of yours? You get drunk and sleep with random men?" He asked in an accusing tone and took another step to me, closing the small gap we had between us. He pulled me to him and kissed me. His lips were as soft as I remembered it to be and it still tasted good.