Chapter 8 : Scarred

Roseline Angelina Black.

Soft music buzzes through the plane as my eyes flutter open. Momentarily disoriented , I frantically search for Adonis as I forget where I am. Sighing as I find him easily, sitting in front of me , studying me.

Blushing under his penetrating gaze , I look away ,watching the clouds sink behind as we go. The sun is just about to rise , the breathtaking view of the sky dissolving my sight in it's beauty. I smile fondly, sunrises are my favourite part of the day.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to fall sleep." I give him an apologetic look, even though I know me, asleep or awake doesn't bother him in the slightest. He simply nods, sipping his chardonnay as he types away on his laptop.

I can't help but notice, how his perfect brows furrow in concentration as he reads through whatever he's reading and the way his eyes rack over the computer screen as if it's the most interesting thing. I've seen those eyes looking at Scarlet with an intensity greater than that. How I wish they ever viewed me in the same way , they view Scarlet. But they never will...

The past three weeks has been the longest weeks of my life. The heartache of seeing him and Scarlet together on my honeymoon has tainted my heart in red if not shred it into pieces.

But who do I have to blame? When I'm at fault here. If I was not so blind in the love of my dying mother,  I would never have found myself in this predicament. I've brought it upon myself. I knew he could never love me still I chose for myself to be his wife. At what price? The meager of joining companies and the fulfilment of my mother's last wish, a promise she made to her best friend 20 years ago.

I bite my lip when the tears threaten to fall. Closing my eyes as I take a deep shaky breath.

You're stronger than this , Rose.

"Roseline?" His voice startles me from my thinking daze and I jump from the sudden interruption,  watching him with wide eyes. " Hey ! Are you okay?" He asks softly , frowning in concern.

Concern?

I nod, clearing my throat. "Yes , Mr Black. I'm okay, just a bit tired that's all." I manage to utter without stuttering under his intense gaze.

"You should go to the Cabin in the back, get some sleep. We're a long way from home." He says as he rises from his seat, holding out his hand to me.

Slowly with shaky fingers I grasp his hand. The electricity almost making me gasp as his large hand encloses my small one. I can't help but notice how right my hand feels in his. Leading me to the back of his private plane,  he opens the door for me , waiting for me to step in first.

Stepping into the room, I gasp in surprise. Whatever I was thinking about how a plane cabin could be, I was so utterly wrong. The "cabin" before me is a complete bedroom with an en suite bathroom complete with a closet.

A king sized bed lay proudly in the middle, with grey and black sheets draped on it. The whole room is decorated in different shades of blacks and greys, it's absolutely stunning.

"Go on in." Adonis whispers against my neck, his breathe tickling my skin. Smiling , I let my feet carry me inside. Last time I was in this place,  Adonis and Scarlet were here the whole time.

Probably making love.

The thought leaves a sour taste in my mouth and I can't help but look at the bed with disgust. My whole excitement to explore the room crushed.

I'm not sleeping on this bed.

"I'm going to take a shower, not sleepy anymore." I look at Adonis , unable to keep the bitterness out of my voice. He seems taken aback by my attitude but doesn't say anything.

"Right , well there are some clothes in the closet you'd want to use and your luggage is here as well." He replies pointing at the cabinet on the left wall.I can't help but feel guilty for being rude to him.

"Thank you." I force a small smile before picking a large white shirt and black leggings from my luggage and walking into the bathroom.

Can't wear Scar's clothes.

The bathroom is beautiful, just like everything on this plane but I chose to ignore the luxury and just getting done with the shower.

Standing under the warm stream of water , I close my eyes. Feeling the boiling water burn my skin, I rub the body wash on my skin, letting the water wash away the studs. I wish I was strong, I wish I was not affected by him. By the way his gaze penetrates into my soul and leaves me breathless.  By the way his skin sends zaps of electricity across my body.  By the constant crumbling of my heart as he holds Scarlet.

I wish I was not scarred anymore.

I wish I didn't love him.

But I do and I can't stop. I never can stop. I'm like the ocean and him, the shore. No matter how far away I go, I will always crash back to him. I don't know what he did to attain this type of loyalty from me , that I can't break it, break away from him,ever.

But I know I will do anything in my power, to see that man happy. Even if that means I'd have to let him walk over my heart over and over again.

Taking a deep breathe, I turn off the water and step out of the shower. Suddenly the world starts spinning and I stumble upon my own feet. A shriek escaping my lips as my knees hit the wooden floor. My head feels funny and I clutch it in my hands, waiting for the world to stop spinning.

The doors to the bathroom bursts open and Adonis searches for me frantically before his eyes fall on my huddle figure on the floor. He reaches me in two quick strides, sitting beside me as he collects me in his arms."Roseline?"

I'm aware that I'm very naked and very exposed , but right now I don't seem to care at all. "Roseline, look at me kitten." He taps my cheek, forcing my eyes to open from their half closed state. There's a frown on his face, his features contorted in worry.

I don't want him to worry.

But before I can respond to him, a searing pain rises in my head, forcing me to let out a guttural scream. I'm sure the plane's staff is at the door by now, or worse watching the spectacle with their eyes.

"Roseline, what happened?" Adonis is shaking me, urging me to stay awake. But I can't reply. My head is like a brick, hard and heavy and fogged. I hear his voice as if he's speaking from far away.

Should never have skipped the dinner or breakfast.

My eyes closes on their own accord, the last thing I see is Adonis's chiselled  face contorted in worry. His eyes frantic.

And the darkness consumes me.

*********

Hi,

Thank you so much for reading this chapter.

It wasn't very interesting but I had to give the reason why Roseline married Adonis in the first place.

What were your thoughts on the chapter?

Make sure you vote and comment if you enjoy this story. It means A LOT to me.

Thank you again.

Hawa.