Chapter 7: Sun bathing

Roseline Angelina Black.

Emptyness...

Deep, blank, troubled emptyness...

The remaining days of the honeymoon passes like a blur, a black and white aching blur. Adonis hasn't spoken a word to me after that night, he doesn't even stay in the same room as me , let alone realise my presence. I know he isn't specifically fond of me but him acting like I'm invisible just breaks me.

It doesn't help when I'm mad at myself as well. How could I so easily give in to him? How could I be so dumb to be played by his spell? He was drunk, didn't realise what he was doing and I was gladly giving in to kissing him.

Just it never happened...

He left me there, rejected and sad. But what right do I have to be sad or disappointed in him? He doesn't love me , I'm not even a tad bit important to him. Scarlet is there for him, she had always been. And I'm the other girl, the bitch who is trying to snatch him away from her.

The guilt that crashed upon me after Adonis left was huge. Scarlet was my friend and I was going to kiss her boyfriend,  a man she has loved since forever.

But so did I...

Ignoring my heart, I vow to stay away from Adonis. I can't ruin their magic, their love and bond just for my selfish desires. They love each other truly.

He loves her truly.

Shaking my head of the excessive thoughts flooding it today, I make my way to the patio doors. Today is our last day here in Hawaii. I watch as Adonis and Scarlet lounge on two recliners, sunbathing. Adonis is shirtless, his thick arms folded behind his head as he lays. A dark pair of sunglasses on his face , casting a shadow on his nose and cheeks , bringing out the sharpness of his jaw. His lean waist is tight, a heavy six pack adorning it. His long ,strong legs stretched out before the sun.

I just watch him for a moment, taking in his sheer beauty and the masculinity surrounding him. He's so relaxed , so at peace ... only because he's not with me. I make him uncomfortable, I know that. He would think I don't notice the tightness of his jaw, the tension of his body whenever I'm around him. But I do, I notice ever single thing about him.

How his eyes scrunch up with light whenever Scarlet is around, how he hates the taste of her coffee. He likes it strong and black , while Scarlet makes it light. He grimace slightly everytime he sips it, but he never says a word , never tells her , her coffee is awful. Just like I'd never tell him he's breaking my heart and I would never be normal again because I can never walk out of my love for him cause it's just too freaking strong.

I watch him soundless,  a mute observer just taking in , savouring every moment I have with him, every moment I see him until I walk away.

With no greed of return , with no sense of regret.

My attention snaps from Adonis to the incoming Sin when he closes the door. We've become good friends in the last fourteen days, although he never cares to keep the flirting low. Come to find he's Scarlet's half brother and unaware of my marriage to Adonis. I keep it that way, since I don't know when that would come crashing down anyway.

"Rose." His deep voice calls me as he approaches,  taking my hand in his and kissing the back of it. " You look lovely." I don't look lovely at all wearing a white crop top and baggy sweats. But I smile to him , knowing how he loves to make everyone feel good about themselves.

That's what I love about Sin, his dashing personality,  his charming aura and the compliments that come with it. He has his own demons , his own struggle. But he hides it so well under that massive sex appeal of his . He's a heart stealer.