"What was this for?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

  "Well, my girlfriend is standing in front of me and she looks beautiful, so why not?" He smirked, trying to be hot and flirty, but blushing like mad. I only smiled and leaned back in, sharing another kiss with him.

  "You realize that there is a three and a half year old right around the corner, right?" I asked. "Not that I don't mind this. Trust me, I don't." This made him laugh.

  "You're right." He sighed. "And I need to get ready." His eyes flickered over to the other side of the room and then back to me. "We'll continue this later, babe, I've gotta run or they'll leave without me."

  With that he took off, leaving me standing there smiling like a complete idiot. I leaned against the wall, the last few moments fresh in my mind. Everything seemed to be perfect right now (despite the insane people after us, of course.)

  "Mommy?" Aimee hollered, turning around the corner. I fixed my hair and wiped my mouth, smiling down at her as if I wasn't just making out with someone a few seconds ago. I picked her up in my arms and walked back outside, then upstairs to our room.

  "Okay, Aims." I plopped down in front of the television. "We'll see what movies are on t.v, okay? Then we need to get you in your jammies."

  "I want snack." Aimee whined. 

  "But we just had chicken a few minutes ago." I reminded her.

  "I know." Aimee said. "I'm hungry again."

  I shook my head, not sure how she ate so much. Then again, she probably got that from me. Flipping through the channels on the t.v, I found Frozen, one of Aimee's favorites, and then got her dressed and ready for bed.

  "Can we sleep on the couch?" Aimee asked. "Like a sleepover."

  "Just for tonight, okay?" I asked, grabbing the covers from one of the beds and trying to make a little bed for Aimee and I. "I'll carry you to bed when you're asleep. Do you need to potty?" Aimee shook her head and cuddled against me.

  For a while, Aimee had all her attention on the movie. I was glad that she didn't ask at all about Niall's whereabouts, because if I told her that he was out at a party or out with friends, I knew that she'd instantly make that connection with Jake's old ways and I didn't want her thinking like that about Niall.

  Niall wasn't Jake. He would never hurt us.

  Sometimes I even had to step back and tell myself that. There are so many awful memories of Jake fresh in my mind and I want to erase them. I realize that this will all take time, it's been months and I still think of how he hurt me and my daughter every single day.

  Since he was my only real relationship with a boy (besides Niall), I thought that all men were like him for a long time. I truly believed that all men were ill tempered bastards, and even today I have to remind myself that Jake is an evil man and Niall will never, ever hurt me like that. 

  "Let it go, let it go..." Aimee sang along beside me, interrupting my thoughts. I smiled down at her and kissed her forehead as she yawned. She would probably fall asleep soon, although if it was her choice she'd stay awake forever.

  "You should try and go night night, baby." I whispered. "It's getting really late. Aren't you sleepy?"

  "No." She said stubbornly, but I watched as a yawn escaped her lips and she giggled. "That wasn't a real one." She lied. I rolled my eyes and watched as she cuddled into me, closing her eyes. Everything about this reminded me of how I'd try and get Aimee to fall asleep before Jake came home from the bar. She'd be so worried about me and practically make me lay down with her.