Twenty Six

I woke up to the warm rays of morning sun hitting my skin softly enough to make me open my eyes.

I felt Amir's arm wrapped around my waist and smile to myself. He was incredibly warm and whenever he touched me, electricity shot though my body.

I turned myself around to see if he was awake but he wasn't at all. He looked innocent sleeping no one would guess he was such a devil.

I poked his cheek and his eyes fluttered open drawing me into their colorful aura.

"Hi." I swallowed not knowing what to say after last night despite not us really doing anything. I was really nervous around him even though I've known him for a long time. Being this close to him felt weird and unreal. The kiss also made me frantic since he did it out of nowhere. I felt extremely nervous.

Amir smiled. "Hey." He reached over and gently removed a strand of my hair which was just on my face. "You hungry?"

I felt a rush of heat go up my body even though I was frozen. How he still looking  amazing even in the early morning. "Yeah." I smiled. I really wasn't but I was willing to do anything with him.

"Okay I know you suck at cooking so let's eat somewhere fancy." He chuckled and my face fell.

"Amir!" I rolled away from him and faced the opposite away. "I'm a great cook."

Amir laughed his soft lovable laugh. "I just don't want to be sent to the hospital. Is that too much to ask?"

I rolled back and faced him. "Kind of!" I frowned at him.

Amir reaches out for me and squished my body against his. "Fine. Whatever you want." Honey dripped from his words.

I turned my face up at him feeling suddenly not confident. "I thought you said we're eating outside?" I bit my cheek knowing he was gonna make fun of me.

Amir laughed and I felt the vibrations of it on my back. His chest was naturally warm and I wanted to stay forever in it.

Instead of answering he just stared at my lips. His hand rose up and one of his fingers slowly glided over my bottom lip. My eyes widened and I quickly moved away.

I probably shouldn't have because then Amir didn't look happy as his light green eyes glared at mine and his brows furrowed together. "Malak?" He asked before I rushed out of the bed afraid that he'd make another move.

"I'll get dressed." I said quickly and ran into the bathroom. As soon as the door locked I felt my heart booming against my chest. I closed my eyes as I leaned on the door.

*****

Amir didn't try to make another move on me but he carried himself differently. It was as if he was mad at everything and everything annoyed him.

After we ate we went back to my house to visit the rest of the gang and to see my mom. She had called this morning to make sure we were coming so she'd make lunch even though I told her we were still full.

The car ride over to my old house was silent. Awkwardly silent. So I decided to reach over and turn on the radio but Amir reached quickly to smack my hand.