Twelve

"I'm going to quit." I folded my arms, "I can't believe you did this." I cornered Amir in his office which looked like a luxuriously sophisticated.

Amir didn't seem the slightest bit worried about my threats. "You won't because you need this job. It'll look amazing on your resume. Oh and I don't feel like filling out more paperwork just because you'll leave." He sighed. "I filled out quite a lot when I got you the job."

I glared at him. "Amir you are an ass."

Amir smirked. "A fine ass, I suppose."

I narrowed my eyes. "Whatever. I'm going to do my best regardless of what you do." I looked around the room we were in. It was huge and it had beautiful drawings hung up on such large portraits.  I couldn't wait to get my creative thoughts on paper.

Amir wagged his finger. "First get me coffee."

"Why? I though I was supposed to help the development team." I felt so disappointed.

"You can, after you get the hang of what it's like to work here. Every newbie must first be an assistant." Amir said.

I frowned. "What a stupid rule." I murmured lowly.

"I heard that Malak." He sneered.

*****

After a long day and working along the other teams, I quickly became to love my job. Except for the fact that Amir was there to watch over me like a hawk, the office was splendid.

"Do you want to take you home?" Amir offered and for some reason, butterflies fluttered in my stomach.

I shook my head. I looked outside of the glass windows to see it was sunset. "I'll be fine. I brought my car."

Amir nodded grabbed his keys off the table and followed me out of the tall building. I watched him walk to the parking lot as we parted separate ways.

Amir has tortured me so much today. He made me go on coffee runs and tidy up his workspace. Then got upset when I put his pencils on the right side. I mean how in the world was I supposed to know it was on the left side!

He drove me nuts, however, maybe he was in bad mood because he even got upset at the artists for not drawing correctly what he was looking for.

****

"How was the job?" Choji asked as he plopped on our kitchen chair.

I spun around. "Horrible." I said. "I'm basically Amir's assistant." I sighed.

Choji laughed but then noticed my glare and quickly stopped. "It's okay! It will get better! Maybe he's just trying to push your buttons."

"How long has he been working there anyways? I mean how did he even get the job so quickly to be our team leader." I asked out loud.

"He's very close with the owner of the whole shabang." Choji explained as he proceeded to get cereal out of the cupboard.

I threw my arms up in exhaustion. "Of course." I looked at Choji and my eyes almost bulged out. "Choji that cereal is mine!" I pointed to the cocoa pebbles that he was carelessly pouring into his very large bowl.

"So?" He shrugged.

"You never refill the cereal! You come here and eat then don't refill." I tried to grab it away but he stepped backwards while holding the cereal box really high.