Chapter 15

Sorry for the long wait! I'm working on an update schedule so this doesn't happen again.

The song is From Now On from the musical The Greatest Showman. If you haven't seen it, I recommend the you do. Just by listening to some of the songs, I guarantee you'll cry. They're so inspirational and heartwarming. Each song just speaks to you.

This chapter is dedicated to Ed_The_Smol_Bean. I hope you enjoy this chapter! :D

Je t'aime!

--Yuki :3

Xxxxxxxxxxx

"I'm telling you, he started it," Naruto stood in front of the Hokage. He was completely serious but he couldn't keep the smile off his face when he thought about what Alphonse did to the villager that threw the bottle at him.

"It's true, H-Hokage-sama," Sasuke had a hand in front of his mouth, stifling some chuckles. "The man started it."

"I see," Sarutobi nodded, his eyes dancing with amusement as he saw the Uchiha struggling to keep his composure. "I will be sure to speak with the man when he is released from the hospital. You two may return to your homes."

Naruto and Sasuke bowed and they started lightly shoving at each other when they walked out. As soon as the door closed, the Sandaime could hear them laughing on the other side. It was good to see them getting along so well. He could only hope that their companionship would help them complete the missions better.

--

"Alphonse!" Naruto grinned widely at the suit of armor, running up to him with Sasuke walking behind him. "Man, that was awesome!"

The armor shrugged and actually seemed sheepish as it said, "I'm sorry, he just mad me angry..."

"It was funny to see," Sasuke spoke, for some reason wanting to make him feel better. "Do you know where Kakashi-sensei went?"

"He went to walk Sakura-san home. He told me to tell you two that there's no training tomorrow."

"Yes!" Naruto cheered, pumping a fist in the air, "Let's see if Shika'll make us cookies again!"

"Shikamaru made you cookies?" Sasuke asked, an eyebrow raised.

"Oh, my Kami, he makes the best cookies ever," The blonde tugged on the Uchiha's arm again, leading him out of the Hokage's tower. "Come on, let's go see if he'll bake so that you can try some."

--

When Naruto unlocked the door to his apartment, the first thing he noticed was the mountain of pillows laying out in the living room and leading towards the two rooms he had. "Shikamaru! What the hell, man?"

Sasuke looked around with wide eyes and whispered, "Where did he get all of the pillows...?"

There was movement in the living room before the Nara popped his head out from under some of the pillows. He yawned, "Oh, hey, Nar. What's up?"

"Don't 'oh, hey' me, Shikamaru. What the hell is with all of this?!"

The brunette shrugged before speaking, "Edo and I were making a pillow fort. You only had two pillows so we sent all shopping to get more."

Naruto turned to the armor standing next to him and Alphonse whispered, "Shika, why."

"I thought you were waiting outside the Hokage's office," The blonde said, narrowing his eyes at Alphonse. "Why'd you get so many pillows?"

The armor shrugged, "Ed told me to get this much."

"Speaking of Ed," The Uzumaki turned to Shikamaru, who looked like he was beginning to doze off again. "Where is he?"

"Um," The Nara looked around. "He's... Huh. Yo, Edo! Where ya at?"

"I'm right next to you, dipshit."

Sasuke saw some pillows moving before he saw a teen sit up, golden hair pooling over his shoulders. He looked shockingly like Naruto and, when he saw the teen's golden eyes, he remembered Naruto vaguely having the same eye color during the bell test.

"Oh, hey," Shikamaru waved at the teen, who smacked him on the back of the head.

"Why'd you tell Alphonse to get this many pillows?" Naruto tilted his head. He noticed that Sasuke had moved to lay on some of them and the Uchiha looked content to stay there.

"I dunno," The other blonde admitted. "I just said a random number, to be honest."

"Huh," The blonde nodded. He expected that was the case. "Hey, Shika, can you make cookies?"

"What? Sure, I guess. What a drag," The Nara pushed himself up and went to the kitchen followed by Alphonse, who insisted on helping.

"So, this is the Uchiha on your team?" Edward flipped over some pillows, landing near Sasuke. He studied the dark-haired boy for a moment before grinning, "I'm Edward Elric, nice to meet'cha!"

"Sasuke Uchiha," The genin shook the blonde's hand and his eyebrows rose when he felt how cold his hand was. He let it go, however. It would be rude to ask about it since he didn't know the teen.

"What're you guys doing here so early?" Edward tilted his head questioningly.

"Kakashi-sensei gave us the day off," Naruto answered, taking off his jacket to place it on a hook by the door. He took his hair out of his braid, combing it and letting it fall to his shoulders like Edward's. He turned to Sasuke, "Relax, dude. It'll be a bit before the cookies are ready."

Sasuke nodded, leaning back on the pillows and sighing in contentment when he felt how soft they are. Edward had disappeared back inside wherever he came from, completely disappearing from view. "Is it chocolate chip cookies?"

Naruto shrugged, crawling over some pillows to reach for a book sitting on the coffee table, "Probably. It's the only kind I've had before."

"Same," The Uchiha admitted. "My kaa-san," He swallowed. "My kaa-san made them the night before- before-"

"You don't have to tell me," Naruto looked at the genin with his blue-gold eyes. "It's okay. We don't have to have cookies, if you don't want to."

"Right," Sasuke shook his head. "No, it's okay." He could vaguely see Shikamaru and Alphonse standing at the entrance to the kitchen listening and he felt that Edward was listening as well. "I'd... I'd like to have some cookies again..."

The Uzumaki stayed silent for a moment before he nodded, "Then we will. Check out this book, Sasu. I think you'll like it."

The two genin then spent their time discussing the book and the concept of absurdism and how it correlated with the bits that they had read. At times, they would argue and debate a topic and, at others, they would freak out when Edward would randomly pop up and point out a part that they missed that totally wrecked their argument.

"Cookies are ready," Alphonse announced. "They're on the dining table."

Naruto and Edward grinned at each other and climbed over the pillows to get to the cookies. Sasuke followed shortly behind them, not as excited as them since he had never had Shikamaru's cookies before.

As Sasuke sat with Naruto, Edward, Shikamaru, and Alphonse, he couldn't help but wonder if this was what it was like to have a family again as the others joked around with each other, offering him kind smiles that he hadn't seen in a while.

"This are really good," The Uchiha said softly as he took a bite of his cookie. "Thank you."

Xxxxxxxxxxx

Remember, I accept prompts for this story and any of my other ones. They could be simple dialogue prompts or something of the sort. I will work with anything. However, I will not do any pairings for this story with any of the prompts since I'm not sure if there will actually be a pairing here. Also, no character death as well (unless it's a nightmare or something) since I don't know if I plan on being that evil yet.

Anyways, yeah.

Je t'aime! 

--Yuki :3