Chapter 12

Edward clenched his fist, golden eyes scanning the area. He counted slowly to three in his head, timing when Kakashi's throws paused, and flipped over Alphonse's body, landing in a crouch. He ran towards the jounin, using the Uzumaki's chakra to make him faster (which he still was getting used to), and immediately engaged him in a battle of taijutsu.

While his brother fought, Al sneaked off to find Naruto's teammates. Sasuke was watching the battle between Edward and Kakashi while Sakura was slowly trying to find her precious Uchiha. He grabbed the raven-haired boy's arm, startling him, and dragged him to where he knew the pinkette was.

"What do you think you're doing?!" The Uchiha hissed, trying to get his arm back.

"Making a plan," Alphonse responded tersely, starting to get fed up with his attitude. "My br- partner has an idea so we're going to follow it."

Sasuke looked up into the red eyes of the armor before looking over at Sakura and sighing, "Fine."

"Good," Alphonse released his arm, focusing on the two. "Ed- Naruto and I are going to distract Kakashi-sensei and give you guys some cover so you can get the bells. Sound easy enough? This all about stealth and I can't exactly do that."

"Alright," Sasuke accepted and Sakura nodded, willing to do anything for her Sasuke-kun and Naruto-kun (remember that Naruto joined late and is not a dobe).

Xxxxxxxxxxx

Kakashi Hatake was astounded.

Naruto, his student, seemed to change completely once the test started. He seemed more relaxed and confident, not cocky but knowing his abilities to the fullest. His eyes, however, made him suspicious of something. They were gold, not blue-gold, and seemed vaguely familiar to the Hatake.

Kakashi raised his arm to block a kick from the Uzumaki and went to strike his midsection when the blonde, somehow, managed to twist himself midair and clap his hands, slamming them on the ground. The jounin had to jump back when the ground came up, giant hands aiming to crush him. He didn't know how the child was doing it but it was a very useful ability. He had to move forward again when walls came up behind him, blocking his path.

"You're good," The Hatake said, lone eye filled with approval.

"Thanks," Naruto (this is in Kakashi's view) grunted, backing up with his fists raised. He clapped his hands once more, touching the ground and making it raise up, giving him height over the silver-haired jounin. He made spikes shoot out of the column he was on, like little kunai, and watched as the Hatake danced expertly around them, like they were moving in slow motion.

The blonde hid a smirk when he saw a glint of metal to his right and watched as Kakashi had to dodge tendrils of earth, this time from Alphonse. Naruto jumped down, landing next to the suit of armor and knocked his knuckle on his arm before going for Kakashi again.

When the Hatake was slammed into a wall that appeared out of no where, a hand came out from a hole purposely put in it and grabbed the silver bells, disappearing quickly. Sakura jumped back with Sasuke and all the walls fell back into the ground, the earthy hands melting down into just dirt. "We won," The Uchiha said, holding up the bells proudly.

"It's not over yet," Kakashi said, straightening his flak jacket and rolling his shoulders. "Who are you going to give the bells to?"

Naruto watched as Sasuke and Sakura argued about who gets the bells, occasionally trying to give one to him, saying that they refused to be on a team without the other. "I already have a bell," He said, gaining their attention. He opened the palm of his hand, revealing a silver bell that tinkled softly at the movement.

"What-" Kakashi tried but Naruto continued, golden eyes flashing with mischief.

"You said to get those silver bells," The Uzumaki pointed to the bell in Sasuke's grasp. "And, if you look closely, isn't this a perfect replica?"

'What a loser.'

'Quiet, Fox.'

"I guess that counts," Kakashi said, surprised by his students way of thinking. "Congratulations. You all pass. The whole point of the test was to see if you would be able to work as a team and you did. Naruto, interesting fighting style. You'll have to tell me about it later."

"Yeah, whatever," Naruto yawned, stretching. "I'm going to take a nap. Let's go, Al."

"Right," Alphonse jogged to catch up to the blonde, who was already walking off.

"You have the day off tomorrow," Kakashi called to his student and received a wave in response.

Xxxxxxxxxxx

Edward sighed as he made his way up the steps to his apartment. Why did he choose to fight today? He could have let Naruto handle it but, noooo, he had to want to fight. He stretched again, using the opportunity to switch with the Uzumaki.

Naruto rolled his shoulders, feeling the ache of fighting. He quickly unlocked the door and stared when he saw Shikamaru, covered in leaves from head to toe, passed out on his couch, "Seriously?" He walked over and kicked the Nara's side, making him tumble off the furniture, "Why the hell are you dragging dirt and leaves in my apartment?"

"Ino decided to push me in the pile we raked up," The brunette muttered, sitting up. "I was too lazy to clean up."

"Yeah, well, you're going to clean this up," Naruto huffed, moving to put his coat on one of his dining chairs.

"Troublesome. Kaa-san said to invite you to dinner tonight," The Nara informed the blonde, gathering leaves in his hands.

"Oh, lovely."

'Fooooood!'

'Fooooood!'

'Animals.'

Both Kyuubi and Edward made barking noises in his head.