Chapter One: Welcome to Cappy Town!

*SHORT AN*- Thanks for taking the time to read this story! I am basing this story off the anime, and this occurs after the events of the anime. Hopefully I'll get some of the details right (names, places, etc.) but if I get
something wrong you have to correct me, kay? Since I have watched both, I don't want to mix up the Japanese and English names haha. Also, I'm more used to it so I may use the Japanese personalities more than English. Well, enjoy!

Dear Tiff,
Guess what! My parents have finally allowed me to come visit you! I will be there in exactly a week from now. I can't wait to meet you!
- Y/N

"Tuff! We're going out!" Tiff calls out. Tuff comes out of his room, holding his soccer ball.
"Why so suddenly, sis?" Tuff kicks the ball around, careful not to break anything.
"I need to talk to everyone in town," Tiff says, grabbing a basket of snacks for Kirby, "let's go!"

So the siblings quickly made their way down the path from the castle to Cappy Town. Ever since Nightmare had been defeated by Kirby, the town was rebuilt along with Dedede's castle and everything went back to peaceful days.
On their way there, they ran into Sword and Blade.
"Oh hi Sword! Hi Blade!" Tiff greets them.
"Oh, hello." Sword and Blade pause.
"What are you two up to?" Tuff asks, still playing with his ball.
"We we're taking a little break. Meta Knight seems to want to be left alone for a while." They chuckle, "Pretty sure he's eating his candy."
After a little more pep talk, Tiff and Tuff continued onward to town.

"... So will everyone help me greet Y/N?" Tiff asks.
"Of course!" Mayor Len says.
"A visitor, eh? Maybe I can sell a few things to her." Gengu murmurs.
"Maybe she'll visit my restaurant!" Kawasaki laughs.
"Oh don't worry about that, I'll make sure she only eats good foods." Tiff smiles.
"What heeey that's mean.." Kawasaki sulks.
Everybody got to work, setting up a warm welcome for you.

Meanwhile at the castle...

"ESCARGOON! IS IT TRUE THAT THE TOWNSPEOPLE ARE ACTING STRANGE AGAIN?" King Dedede shouts. Escargoon meekly appears from around a corner.
"Oh, yes sir! Apparently they're making signs and whatnot to welcome somebody." Escargoon hands the king a pair of binoculars. King Dedede looks through them.
"Welcome... Y/N? That's a strange name..." He murmurs.
"Not as strange as yours." Escargoon whispers.
"SHUT UP!" King Dedede shouts as he whacks Escargoon with his hammer.
Meanwhile in the shadows a certain masked figure was listening to their conversation in the shadows...

*One Week Later*

"Wow! What a nice day!" You say to yourself as you walk down a path following a map.
"I think it's this way..." You continue to follow the path carefully, but the fright of being all alone made you feel a little anxious.
"Are you heading toward Cappy Town?" Someone asks. You turn around to face a masked knight, whose cape is wrapped all around him.
"Oh um.. yes. I'm meeting my friend Tiff here." You say.
"Oh so you're the one. You're Y/N, I assume?" He asks.
"Yes, nice to meet you um..." You forgot to ask for his name. He merely chuckles.
"Meta Knight." He says.
"Oh! Nice to meet you Meta Knight. I've heard a lot about you from Tiff!" You giggle reminiscing about all the stories Tiff has told you. Meta Knight merely stares.
"Yes, much had happened recently. But that does not matter (lol). Follow me, I'll lead you to town." Meta Knight walks past you and continues down the path.
"I'm glad you appeared. I was starting to get a little anxious walking by myself." You nervously laugh.
"Yes, I am well aware. You had been shaking for quite some time before I came down." Meta Knight doesn't look back, and you were glad because your face had turned red.
He had been watching you?!

Suddenly, he turns around.
"It gets a little foggy through here. Take my hand." You take it, and follow him through the fog. It feels warm, probably because of his gloves.

As you neared town you began to see all the buildings and the castle. Right before you continued to walk, you realized that you still hadn't let go of Meta Knight's hand. Blushing, you quickly retract it.
Meanwhile Meta Knight had noticed that you were still holding his hand, and had felt a little warmth disappear when you let go.
However, as soon as you did so, Meta Knight quickly disappeared as if his job was done.
"We shall meet again."

You continue down the path and begin to see the rest of town.
"Y/N!" Tiff waves. You knew what each other looked liked since you had sent pictures of each other before.
"Tiff! It's nice to meet you, finally!" You hug. You look around to see a huge banner and a lot of townspeople gathered.
"Why hello there! I am the mayor of this town, Len! Nice to meet you!" Mayor Len greets. You smile at his kindness.
"Nice to meet you too Mayor Len! I have heard so much about you and Miss Hana! Of course, I've heard a lot about everyone else in this town as well!" You start walking up and greeting each one of the townspeople starting with Chief Bookem all the way to Samo. You also made a few declaration, such as that you will visit every shop while you're there and as an act of kindness will eat at Kawasaki's restaurant once.
"Poyo!" Oh yes, you couldn't forget about this guy. You quickly hug the pink ball that Tiff cares for so deeply, Kirby.
"Hello Kirby! My name is Y/N, I'm Tiff's friend!" You say offering a cookie. It was gone in a millisecond.
"Poyo! Y/N poyo!" Kirby jumps up and down in happiness.

"Tiff, I came here so suddenly and I just realized. I don't have a place to stay while I'm here!"' You gasp. Everyone laughs.
"Don't worry about that Y/N! There's an extra room in the castle that we cleaned and renovated just for you!" Tuff says, pouting about the fact that he had to help with that.
"Oh thank you!" You sigh in relief.

As it was already evening, you ate dinner with Tiff's family and decided to turn in for the night.
Or that's what you said. Instead, when everyone fell asleep you quickly snuck out and walked out to see the view at night. The stars in the sky were so pretty that you just couldn't stop looking at them.
"Y/N. It's fine to stargaze, but it's too chilly out here for you to be out here in your nightgown." You turn around to face Meta Knight, standing on the fountain.
"Oh, I guess you're right. I'm sorry, they were just so pretty..." You look up again. Sighing, Meta Knight drapes his cape over you.
"If you're going to stay, then I shall do so too."
So the two of you continued watching the stars until you fell asleep.
With another sigh, Meta Knight put his cape back on and quietly carried you back to your room. It was dark, the only light source being the stars and moon outside your window.
After safely placing you in bed, Meta Knight quickly leaves.
Not noticing that your pillow had been switched with a pink one that has yellow dots and frill on the sides.