Chapter 10: The Storm

The storm rolled in over the sea as Jesse and Hanzo walked inside. The door shut as the rain began to fall, at first only a drizzle, picking up to a downpour in a matter of minutes. It didn't take long for the lights to begin to flicker in the headquarters.

After not being used for a few years, the base was still a little sketchy at times. Parts of the roof leaked a bit and a steady drip came through cracks in the ceilings. Pans, jars, and most anything imaginable was being used to catch water.

Hanzo and Jesse headed to the common area and sat on the couch waiting for the storm to pass. Whatever was on tv was more entertaining than the rain beating against the window.

"Hey, sugar?" Jesse asked looking over to hanzo.

"Hm?"

"Ya seem a little tense da-" he was cut off by a loud boom of tunder and a small squeak from the other man sitting next to him.

"... I have no idea what you are talking about" Hanzo replied, a bit salty and slightly embarrassed.

Another crash later and a flash of lighting and the power flickered a few times before going out. The room was nearly pitch black save for the minimal light sneaking into the room through the windows. Hanzo practically jumped and latched onto his cowboy.

"It's alright darlin', you're safe here" McCree soothed, wrapping an arm around his now somewhat awkwardly curled up archer. He'll admit he wasn't the best at this but he sure as hell would make an effort. Hanzo gave a curt nod and snuggled into McCree's chest, trying to find comfort in the cigar smoke and whiskey scent that flooded his senses to little success. Another roll of thunder and blinding flash of lightning passed catching the pair off guard once more. The emergency generator began to flicker on finally as a gloomy and almost haunting pale glow of the emergency lights struggled to remain lit.

Shifting a little bit, Jesse pulls off his serape and drapes it around Hanzo, who proceeds to pull it tight around himself. It was a comfortable quiet that sat between them and a while passed before Jesse spoke up quietly.

"Hey Han?"

He got no response and looked down at the archer. Asleep, how cute Jesse thought, smiling a bit. 

Truth be told Hanzo wasn't really asleep, but comfortable enough to lie in the comfortable state between sleep and consciousness. 

Jesse's hand wandered and gently rubbed the others back as he sunk into the couch a bit more. He began to hum at first before singing quietly.

"But I can't help falling in love, with, you. Shall I stay? Would it be a sin? If I can't help, falling in love with you" he sang softly, trailing his hand up and down Hanzo's back, tracing circles every now and then.

"Like a river flows, gently to the sea, darling so it goes somethings are meant to be. Take, my, hand. Take my whole life too, for I, can't help, falling in love with you."

A content hum came from the man cuddled up against him, a small but sweet smile crossing his lips.  

//Authors Note!

Updated it as promised! Now it is a liiiiitle bit longer and more of an appropriate length for a chapter. Truth be told, this was about as long as I had originally intended the entire work to be but i'm having fun writing this because it's cute and yeah. Hope you enjoy the small addition and hopefully I update again before I graduate highschool lol//