Chapter Four

Vic's POV

I groaned and rubbed at my eyes. I had ended up being out way longer than I had intended the night before. I stayed with Alan for a few hours and on top of that, well I was too busy thinking about what had gone on with Kellin. I didn't really know where this put us. We had made out for a while before we both had decided to go back to the dinner party and I didn't want to go further than that considering he had a bit to drink. Then, I was stuck listening to Alan but say I told you so once I told him. But now here I was. Laying in bed trying to decide on whether or not I was going to go take this damn bar exam after three hours of sleep or not. I sighed and sat up in bed as I looked around my room. I could just not go ahead and take the exam and just work for Alan. I probably would make more money now with him than I would if I started out at a law firm.

Maybe I could just skip the exam and try again later in life or something. Besides, Alan seemed like he needed more help than ever. So I would put my future aside for now and think about it later. It wasn't like it was a major thing. I had everything done, I just needed to take the test and I could do that any time, really. I'd get to what I needed to do done eventually.

With that, I climbed out of bed and went to get ready so I could pick Alan up for work. The man never took a day off. I headed off to my bathroom to take a quick shower. I let out a groan when i realized, though. I'd have to see Kellin today and I had no clue where we stood. I didn't know what I was gonna say to him. What was even happening with us... I hoped he knew. I didn't know what we were, I just knew that I felt like a silly little kid.

I really hoped he felt the same way that I did at least. Or else I was going to feel like a complete idiot.

I finished getting ready for work before I made myself a quick breakfast. Just as I started eating my cereal my phone rang. I grabbed it and frowned at the unknown number.

"Hello?"

"Hey! It's me, I found your number at work. I didn't mean for that to sound as creepy as it did," Kellin said with a nervous laugh.

"Oh hey! What's up?"

"Nothing, I'm just setting some meetings up for Alan and I remembered you have your bar exam today and I was going to wish you good luck."

I let out a nervous laugh, "Oh yeah."

"What?" He asked. "You shouldn't be nervous if that's what that is. You're going to do great!"

"It's not that."

"Then what is it?"

"I'm not taking it," I mumbled.

"What!? Why the hell not!?"

"I didn't get home until around three this morning and I'm exhausted and-"

"You're making excuses."

"No I'm not."

"Yes you are, Victor Fuentes. You're making excuses," he accused. "And if you come into work today, you're not getting anything from me."

"What!?"

"You heard me."

"You hate me."

"I don't hate you but I'm certainly not happy with you," he said with a sniff. "Now, we do need to have to have a talk later on what happened last night, just so you know."

"Yeah we do need to talk about that."

"But I'm mad at you right now so I will later," Kellin said. "I'll see you later."

"Later."

With that, he hung up and I let out a laugh as I finished my breakfast. He was irritated with me but, he was still wanting to talk about last night and now I was nervous but excited. I hoped him and I would be on the same page. I checked the time and cursed when I realized I was going to be late picking Alan up. He'd be okay with me being a little late once. Especially considering I wasn't even going to work today. I ran out to my car and soon enough I was on my way.