Chapter Two

Vic's POV

I sighed and parked the car, Alan's things sitting next to me in the passenger seat. He had somehow spilt coffee on his suit and needed a new one ASAP which meant I had to go pick one up for him. Sometimes I honestly felt like an overpaid lackey. The money was great, I didn't know a single personal assistant who made nearly as much as I did, but the job itself, at times just honestly felt completely degrading.

I just had to remind myself, though, that this money was paying for my law degree. That was the only thing that really made this all worth it. I didn't have to like it, though. I got his suit out and headed towards the building.

I went up to his floor and ended up crashing into Kellin. His papers went up into the air, Alan's suit fell to the ground along with Kellin.

"Oh no, I am so sorry Mr. Fuentes!" He exclaimed, scrambling to pick up all the papers. I smiled and bent down to help him pick them all up.

"It's fine," I said. "And call me Vic. I'm only 25, I'm too old for that Mr. Fuentes shit."

"Sorry Vic."

"Don't apologize," I said and gathered his papers and Alan's suit. "What are you up to?"

He grimaced. "I have to take these to Mr. Ashby's secretary then go on a coffee run for him and like half the office."

"Let me bring this to Alan and then I can help you with the coffee stuff. I practically know everyones order by now."

Relief flushed over Kellin's face. "Oh thank god, I forgot half of them already. I didn't even think about writing them down. Mr. Ashby told me he wanted coffee and then next thing I know everyone's shouting their orders at me."

"I can for sure help you on that then."

"You're the best, but uh, let me take these to what's her name and then we can go," he told me.

"Jenny, she's something else isn't she?" I joked.

"She's an airhead," Kellin told me. "Don't tell anyone I said that but honestly, I don't know how she's still working here."

"I don't know why either." I said. "I think it's because I do most of her work for her and Alan hasn't quite realized that yet."

"Why don't you tell Mr. Ashby that then?"

"Because," I said with a shrug. I didn't really know how to explain why I didn't tell Alan because I really wasn't totally sure why I haven't.

"You don't have a reason do you?"

I shrugged. "Not really."

"Exactly, so you should probably tell him."

"Why? So he can fire her and I get stuck with even more work than I already have?" I asked, arching my brow as we walked towards Jenny's desk.

"Well I'm sure he'd hire someone else for it."

"I doubt it. He'd probably just say well you were doing the work it's fine. How do you think I became his personal assistant?" I told him wryly.

"Tell me the story. I have time."

"Well let's get this done and on the drive to the coffee shop I'll tell you," I told him. "Jenny, is Alan in his office?" I asked once we got to her desk.

She looked up from her cell phone. "Yeah, I think so."

"Great," I said and headed off to his office. While I did that, Kellin gave the papers to Jenny and explain what to do with them.