Chapter 13: Date?

Aurora sighed as she and Troy stopped outside a modest white painted door.

"Just scream and-"

"I know Troy but you don't have to worry, I'm sure he hasn't told me to come here for anything like that." I gave him a reassuring smile and gentle pat on the arm. He merely grimaced before stepping forward and knocking.

"Alpha-" before he could finish a voice responded from within.

"Let her in and leave us!" The angry snap in his voice made me wonder if I was indeed about to face the wrath of the alpha. But I wasnt worried giving Troy a what can you do? Kinda shrug I let myself in as my over protective cousin walked away eyes focused on my back.

The interior of the room was much grander than the small door lead on. A large open concept bar and lounge. Which surprisingly had not been turned on its head like the last six rooms he'd turned into make shift offices. His own still being repaired from his original tantrum.

The alpha however a huge hulking man was somehow nowhere to be found in the expensive but minimalistic area.

"Ummm Luke?" My feet carried me farther into the room until my slippered feet met the shag carpet spread out beneath the black leather couch and glass table. No sound greeted my ears aside from the central air behind the bar kicking on. "Luke?"

And then my selectively amazing hearing pitched in to help.

I turned and padded towards the black granite bar and wall of glass and even fancier glass drinks. Sitting on the ground back to the wall was Luke. His shirtlessness and messy hair was enough to make a normal girl shake in her pants.

"Not going to talk to me?" I wondered pacing closer my eyes trained on his body looking for any sign I should stop. Sometimes my approach made him calm, other times it only riled his instincts more sending him into raging over drive. Sensing no hostility or even tension in his somewhat rigid form, I know Oxymoron right? I moved closer until I was three feet away.

I could see his nostrils flare as the central air spread my scent.
I slowly lowered myself to the ground making myself level with him so as not to seem like i was challenging him by my towering over his massive form. I gently and wincing at the loudness of the sound in this otherwise silent place pushed aside the papers scattered there so as not to sit on them.

When I looked back up his eyes were upon me, however gentler his form relaxed somewhat.

"Did they tell you?" He demanded tone still stern and unfriendly.

I hesitated chewing on my bottom lip. Lying to him would do no one any good, however the truth might set him off more.

"To be fair I ordered them too." I conceded with a shrug. Luke ran a steady hand through his already distraught hair and sighed.

"I would have told you-"

I gave him a skeptical look to which his lips twitched. I had recently learned occasionally my being sarcastic in moments such as these amused him.
"Fine I would have informed you when the danger was diminished somewhat."

"Because assigning three people to keep watch at both my window and door wouldnt have given it away." I scoffed with a smirk.

"I thought of just drugging you at first." He grumbled finally moving his hand away from his hair.

Funnily enough this statement did not inspire fear or even anger.

"Yes and had you I would currently been puking buckets up in our room. I'm allergic to anesthesia and sedatives just so you know." I gave him a small quirk of a smile shifting closer to him. "Ya know for next time."