Foreword

Dear Reeder,

It's always a great pleasure to welcome you all aboard on another journey of wits and pulse-quickening reads. I admit it's been a long time coming, but finally it's here. Lake County indeed premiers today.

The motive of this project at it's core is to entertain in every aspect possible. Be it in a suspenseful, humorous or insightful manner. This material is one you'd want to turn to after a very messy, trying day and you're just seeking an avenue to buoy your dampened spirits. Of course, there would be subtle lessons to take from it but the primary aim is to put a smile on your face.

That being said, I'd also want to iterate that this is an African Novel set in Lagos, Nigeria. It'd be extremely relatable to foreigners of course, but it's African in its most basic form - so there might be a few things you might find curious along the line, but do not fret as every chapter would include a well detailed glossary for adequate enlightenment.

Still, there are a few things reeders outside Africa, should take note of before proceeding. Highschool, known amongst the majority as - Secondary school here in Africa, spans a six-year duration as opposed to the western world's - four years. The starting age of pupils is usually - Ten years, and majority of graduates fall in the age range of 15-17 years.

I hope that's not too much information to process. Without further ado, let's delve into the novel and its universe. Oh, and also don't forget to do your little bit in spreading the word.

Happy reading.

T.J. Martins,
March 2018.