Chapter 1 part 2

I awoken to hear a shuffling coming from the corner of the small shelter along with a grunt and thud. Quickly my hands automatically reached out for the small dagger I kept at my side. As I moved to get a better look I saw Ivick digging around in the cubby.

"What the heck Ivick?" I asked aggravated.

"Huh!" He jolted up banging his head.

"Ivick what are you looking for?" I said bring my hand to my nose bridge.

"I'm hungry Binx!" He once more whined with a hint of asham.

"NO, Ivick that is for later."

"Come on Binx, please i'm starving!" He whined louder.

"Ivick keep your voice down!" I hissed looking at the roof and the door in worry.

"Oh come on nobody's listening." He replied.

"Ivick keep your voice down for crying out loud." I hissed once more.

Over head I heard the slight sounds of heavy footsteps that certainly didn't come from a drunk. I quickly placed my hand over Ivick's mouth to get him to stay quiet, as I listened closely to the people outside.Unfortunately Ivick started struggling to get out of my grip, causing a ruckus. I let out a sigh knowing it was now fruitless, as I released him and grabbed my old messenger bag and started stuffing the few items inside.

The voices above had gone silent making me freeze and look at the door. I cursed under my breath and finished packing. Ivick was now shocked to a stone, having to pull his shirt in order to get him to move. "Come on grab what you can!" He just nodded still tongue tied as he fumbled to get his few things.

I had known that this might happen sooner or later and that we were running out of our luck as we had stayed here more than our share of time so far.

Above our heads I could make out voices again, though just barely audible as it was muffled by the concrete roof.

"Ivick, listen to me." I whispered turning him to face me. His face was ash white with fear, I know it's not great idea to shake someone in shock but I really did need him to snap out of it.

"Ivick look at me, we need to go and go now." I said making him look into my eyes. Slowly he nodded his head. " Good, now when I say go we are going to go run to the back behind the old crate there is a hole that leads to one of the passageways. I need you to take it and on the second tunnel you pass you will take, got it?" I said shaking him once more. I looked up and noticed that the voices above had gone quite.

"Yes.." He said terrified.

"Can you tell me what I just told you."

"Th-there's a tunnel in the back behind crate take it, second tunnel go down." He summed up.

"Close enough, here take this once you reach the end i'll meet up with you at our old place under the bridge. Understood?" I said giving him the bread piece, I don't think he actually realized what I had given him making me smirk and hack my head.

"Y-yes... wait you aren't going with me?" I he asked eyes going wide.

"No I'm going to try and shake them off." I said grabbing a cap and adjusting it onto my head to cover my steel grey eyes.

"I'm scared Binx, what if we don't see each other, wh-what if they catch me!" Ivick started to freak out. Kneeling down I took his shoulders once more. "Don't worry okay we will make it and meet up, now go on and remember second tunnel you see take it, meet back up under the bridge ,old place." I said pushing him towards the crates. Carefully I pushed them away to give way to the small hole just big enough for Ivick's small structure. I grabbed the old messenger bag and placed across his body tightly securing it closed so that it wouldn't fly open while he ran.

"I need you take this and make sure no one takes this from you, it's very important." he just shook his head in response.

"Now go Iv, if I'm not with you by midday I want you to go Shellies, tell her 'the Riverfell and I must borrow a blade from the old willow,' then give her this bag she should know what to do with, can you do that?" As he went through he shook his head yes.

"But promise me you won't get caught."

"I promise now go Ivick." I said ruffling his hair one last time.

♧•●•●•●•●•♧
Heyo Pumpkins! That's all for the first chapter! Comments and likes are gladly wanted here. I would love to hear what you think.