Chapter 1 part 1

CHAPTER 1

 I remember quite well my long restless nights, always keeping one eye open and what little valuables I still had tucked away safely on my person. On one dreadful night, I was making my rounds and trying to find a place to sleep before one of the peace keepers found me. Since once you were caught by them, you were never seen again, and I had lost a lot of my good mates to them. Having to watch and to do nothing to help them as they would be dragged away screaming and kicking only to be knocked out and tossed into the back of their unmarked vehicles of the UnderTakers.

I had found my way to the Highaway Drive, one of the lower areas and not a heavily patrolled places of the UnderTakers. There, many hangouts for the unsavoury, a thousand hiding spots, and not to mention all of the unmarked passageways leading to different locations throughout the city. If you were on the run, this would be the place to get away from the Undertakers.

Swiftly I made my way to a small little hobble that was cleverly hidden behind an off set of stairs giving it an appearance of being a part of the building. Inside, I was greeted by my newest companion, Ivick, huddled up in the few scraps of fabric we were able to snatch to use as warmth. He poked out his curly blond hair of head with bright blue eyes gleaming from his freckled covered face as he looked up with a hopeful eyes as I slid the door back into place.

“Any luck Binx?” He asked in his boyish voice. I just shook my head in solemn as I sat close to the center of the hobble where the small glow stone radiated its heat, trying to bring back the blood flow to my fingers.

“No. I couldn’t find the twins, but I was able to grab a small loaf of bread from Dialon street.” I said bringing out the loaf to try and perk his spirits some. It worked, thankfully,  his face lightening up at the aspect of food.

Carefully, I tore the bread in thirds setting one piece to the side while the others went between the both of us. He quickly gobbled it down, while I watched and slowly ate mine enjoying the taste of somewhat fresh bread. As Ivick finished he had a disappointed look to him as he looked up and saw I still had some left.

“Binx I want more!” He whined pulling out the puppy dog eyes.

“Then you shouldn’t have eaten all of your’s so fast Iv.” I said shaking my head no. Ivick spotted the piece I set aside for later.

“Give me that piece, you aren’t eating it!” He said pointing at the bread.

“No.” I said sternly.

“But why Binx!!! I'm hungry.” He whined, beginning to crawl his way to my side where it laid.

“That’s for tomorrow Iv, here you can have a piece of mine.” Binx said  rolling his eyes and tearing off a piece of his already small piece of bread.   

“Here, now go to bed. I’ll keep watch for awhile.” Binx said handing him the piece.

As Ivick finished eating I could tell he was eyeing the piece of bread  beside me as he laid back down and trying to finding a comfortable spot on the ground.

“Wake me up when you get tired.” He said trying his best to be stern.

“Sure thing. Now get to sleep.” I shushed him.

“Promise!”

“Fine. I promise I’ll wake you.” I said, positioning myself to be able to see out of the small opening that was hidden from the outside but gave me a great view of the street.

It all seemed to be a quiet night, besides the regular drunk shouting and staggering with a half empty bottle in hand. As the night grew on, I was becoming tired, as the exhaustion of the ending day was making my eyelids grow heavier, pulling them shut.

It hadn’t always been like this, once I lived in a big house with my family and kin. We were called Lasair. We were proud people and helped in the equalization and balance of the economy, but that was eleven years ago. I don’t think they actually saw it coming then, yet even though I was so young at the tender age of six, I can still remember the tension in the air clearly. The others in our society didn’t like us, since my kind could control things and possessed powers  that made them fear us. We had called those powers flames because  they could imitate a warmth and magick. We never meant to hurt anybody.  We only wanted to protect and help them grow. They're  the ones who had caused the crash in the two years that had followed my people’s death. I had barely managed to escape, having to hide and stay low on the radar as the Undertakers were  always searching for survivors. I still have  the reminder of those awful days and nights branded upon my upper right arm; the image of three small flames and the head of a beast as spikes poke out of its back. As it layed covered by my sleeves, my grip slightly tightened around it as images flashed through my  tired head..

♧•●•●•●•●•♧
Heyo Pumpkins! So far so good???? Since the first chapter is a bit long I decided I would split it up on here.  Hope yah like it.