Chapter 29

I was on edge for a while at the party. Liam hadn't shown up yet. Everyone else did from the band. They were clueless about what was going on. Val was clueless as everyone else at the party. I was clueless to what was going to happen in the next few hours.

Mason and I were keeping safe distance. Mason would occasionally glance at me. I would catch him out the corner of my eye. I couldn't make him leave because of what he could do to me if I did. Or my mom wouldn't allow it so what's the use of even thinking about it in the first place.

"Oh, hello Liam. Did your mom come with you?" My mom asked at the door. Our entire downstairs was full of talking family and friends. People were looking at other people. I saw James and Jake looking at some of my cousins. The girl ones that were standing around talking to each other.

"Yeah. She's coming in." I heard Liam's deep husky voice from the door. It gave me a little relief except for the part where Mason would not stop looking Liam and me. I was starting to get creeped out.

"Okay, come and enjoy the party." My mom said inviting him in the door. Liam was almost taller than most of the people in my house. The short gene should have skipped a generation but it didn't. I was short and I was almost ashamed at how helpless I looked.

Liam looked at me and a smile arose onto his face. I smiled a little. I looked at Mason who was already looking at me and I removed my eyes from his quickly. Liam must have followed my eyes and he was having a cold stare down with Mason.

"Tess!" I heard my name. I looked around at the Val who was waving at me from the kitchen door. I made my way through the crowd. I was getting myself out the awkward starring match. Val pulled me to the farthest corner in the kitchen from everyone else.

"Now you have to tell me what's going on." Val said. I looked at her. I looked back at everyone else then back at Val. Crap. I can't.

"I can't. I really can't." I said.

"Yes you can! There is something going on."

"I can't. I am serious. It's better if you never know Val. You really have to trust me with this." I said. She wasn't to convinced. She probably will never be convinced. But, she would not stop asking me.

"Whatever. If you don't tell me, I am leaving this party." Val said crossing her arms over her chest. Why does she have to so damn difficult?

"I guess you will have to leave. I can't tell you Val." I said. She stormed away from me and left into the party. I don't think she left with Lain because I heard the door shut pretty soon after she left the kitchen.

"Shit." I mumbled under my breath. I stood against the counter and pushed my hair off my face. I was doing Val a favor by not telling her anything. She would die if Mason found out I told her anything. I would die if Mason found out anything.

"Tess." I looked up and Liam was looking at me.

"Hi, Liam."

"What happened with Valerie?" He asked. He walked over to me.

"I didn't tell her what was going on and she just left."

"Valerie doesn't need to know anything in the first place."

"I know." I looked up at the door and Mason was standing there. Just standing there looking at me. His eyes weren't looking at anything but me. I felt a cold shiver fall through my body.

"I need to talk to you." I heard Mason's hoarse voice call out to me. I looked at him. Liam turned around and looked at him. He knew he couldn't say anything. He better not say anything. Or it's both of our asses.