Chapter 28

I have spent weeks in my house. I have spent weeks thinking about how were to escape. Spending weeks in my house just scared of being by myself. Although, my mom was always home and would come talk to me. I was still scared. Going to school was a no. It wasn't like anyone was going to notice anyway.

For weeks I never opened up my window after that night. I never even bothered opening the curtain to let any light in. I was too scared. I heard a knock on my door and I opened it. My mother was standing there. She looked very calm and subtle.

"Yeah mom?" I asked opening up my door. She walked in and looked around the room. The light was off. It was pitch black, I have grown used to actually.

"Why is it so dark? Open a window in here. It's kind of stuffy." She said walking towards my window.

"No! I like it like this." I said. She turned around and flashed a look at me. She wasn't going to do this to me. Not right now especially.

"Okay, I have a letter here actually." She said standing in front of me. I looked at her. Was this something really serious.

"What is it?" I asked. A smile came onto her face and a flash of relief went through my body.

"Here it states. 'Ms. Tess Andrews you have been currently accepted to the Juilliard School Of The Arts in New York City!" My mom screamed. I have been wanting to go there my whole life.

"Oh my God! Is that the real deal?" I asked smiling like an idiot. My mother nodded with a wide smile just like me.

"Yes! Yes! You are in!" My mom yelled embracing me in a hug. She made my back hurt instantly but who cares. I don't think she could feel the cuts which gave me a bit of relief. She let go and looked at me, tears were in her eyes.

"Mom, don't cry." I said. She shook her head and looked at me.

"I am just so proud of you. You got into college."

"Thanks mom." She hugged me again. She smiled and let out a happy long sigh.

"I want to throw you a party. Oh, my gosh that will be so much fun." My mom said waltzing out of my room. I smiled and shook my head. I began doing my happy dance which was just hopping around my pitch black room. No one could see how terrible it was other than me.

I heard a knock at my door again. I opened the door and Val came walking in my room with a wide smile on her face.

"I heard you got into Juilliard!" She screamed. I nodded and she looked around the room. She noticed that my room was pitch dark.

"Yeah, it's a big accomplishment. How did you find out exactly?" I asked curiously.

"Your mom told me while I was downstairs. I actually came to visit you! Now why is it so damn dark in here?"

"I am connecting to my dark side." I teased. I could practically see her rolling her eyes at me. I heard her footsteps and then my room light flipped on. She looked at me expectantly.

"I know you better than that. You are not connecting to your dark side." Val said crossing her arms over her chest the way my mom does. She hangs around her too much. Too much for my liking. Val could make friends with anyone. Even my anti-social mom.

"Something happened a couple weeks ago." I started to say. She looked at me with interest with what I had to say.

"Bad or good?"

"Bad."

"What happened?" She asked. I wiped my face with my hands and sighed a little.

"I can't tell you."