Welcome to Paradise

I trotted out of the aeroplane with excitement, as if I was a horse who had just been treated with an apple after winning a race. My back hurt, I was exhausted and needed to stretch I couldn’t wait to get to my hotel room and unpack my belongings. My brother, friends from work and I had decided we needed a break from McDonalds and had taken a get-away vacation.

The Queensland air was thick and heavy. The humidity was bearable but it was so much hotter than Melbourne.

‘Here we are, the Mantra on Cavil, $80 dollars please,’ said the taxi driver as he extended his hand to me, waiting for me to pay him.

‘Here you go Sir,’ I said, handing him the money.

After the Taxi driver assisted with our bags, Donald thanked him and he sped away – as he drove off I noticed Caroline was observing the Taxi.

'It’s so much different to the Taxis we have back in Melbourne,’ she said, as her head moved in sync with the Taxi.

I spun around and got a good look at the taxi myself. She was right, the taxis in Queensland are white in colour with red and blue writing on them.

The hotel room was lovely, the fresh air from the air-conditioning beaming against my hot skin causing my sensory receptors to react in a rather pleasant way. The rooms were enormous and the balcony was amazing – the best view. The beach, the waves, the sand, the people, it was a lovely sight.

Waking up to the phenomenal scotching morning sunlight was so relaxing, listening to the waves crashing into the shore, the people on the beach talking and laughing, I was at peace.

Walking around Cavil was phenomenal, everything was so lively, everyone was running around in shorts and singlets, the weather, amazing, everything was perfect. As we walked around I noticed these large palm trees casting a shadow on the ground, which made it a nice spot to take a rest from the walking and the sun.

'Hey there! Come over here! We have some great deals for the Pub Crawls starting tonight,' a very gorgeous blonde woman with blue eyes said as she ran over to us in the shade.

'So we have our crawl deals and they are only eighty dollars each! We start off at Strike Bowling Bar, which is just behind me and then throughout the night we visit different club venues all together. Free entry at every club and one free drink card at each club,' she continued, as she handed us all tokens.

'Sure,' Liam said nodding his head as he extended his hand and grabbed the token off her.

We all grabbed our clubbing passes as we handed the girl eighty dollars each.

'Thank you, and by the way, my name is Tracey, see you tonight!' Tracey skipped away back to her stall to recruit more people for the pub crawl.

 The night life in Queensland is fantastic, young adults everywhere, pub crawls and late night beach walks.

The clubbing experience in Queensland is phenomenal, the deal Tracey gave us was worth it. Drinks, food, bowling, music, dancing and bartenders in lingerie, a great nightlife if you ask me. I was definitely content with the eighty dollar charge to have such great nightly events. I never wanted it to end, the smoke blurring my vision, the colours from the disco lights jumping from wall to wall, every venue, a different atmosphere it was fantastic. In this moment I never want leave, I never want to come back to reality, I just want to party in the Goldcoast, forever. 

© 2013 Justin Leonard Sacco.