sc # 2

hyunjin held the bouquet of roses in his hands and smelled the sweet scent lingering in the air. putting his free hand on his pocket, a smile was etched on his lips as he hummed a tune. today was the day he was gonna apologize to minseo, though he still didn't know what was wrong, he wanted to apologize to her.

maybe she just wasn't ready to tell him yet and got mad at him because he was too persistent. the girl didn't call nor text him last night, not a single word was heard from her ever since she walked away and he misses her, so so much.

yes, they did see each other yesterday but the atmosphere was different, it was dull, it was dead- and the girl he loves chose to keep a blind eye and it seemed like she wasn't enjoying every second that she's spending with him. she was there physically but hyunjin felt like his presence went unnoticed.

he cleared his throat and adjusted his collar as he knocked on her door. he bit his lip when he heard yedam's voice. he can feel his heart beating rapidly against his chest, he was nervous alright. he didn't know what will he say first, he didn't know where to start yet despite him feeling nervous, a spark of hope was slowly igniting in his heart.

he was expecting that after this, everything will finally be alright. he can't afford keeping a blind eye anymore and pretending that everything was alright between them when it's not.

he smiled at the younger boy when he met his eye but instead of smiling back, a frown was planted on yedam's lips. ignoring the uneasiness in his gut, hyunjin asked "where's your sister?"

silence surrounded the both of them as yedam tries to find the right words to say to him. like hyunjin, yedam felt sad too. like him, he noticed that his sister wasn't herself lately. his sister wasn't usually like this, she would just act like that if her something was really bothering her and she didn't want to be a burden.

"she-" he breathed deeply as he looked down at the ground and said "already went to school. i'm sorry." those words echoes through his head. minseo doesn't go to school this early in the morning. she's really mad at me huh?

"oh." his hold on the roses tightened as he tried to keep the smile on his face. he ignored every ache in his heart as he bowed at yedam and bid his goodbye to the younger boy. walking away from the scene, he ran his hand through his hair and stopped for awhile. he looked at the sky and heaved out a sigh. he wiped the lone tear that escaped from his eye and chuckled bitterly.

"i expected too much again, i'm such a fool." he threw the roses to a nearby trashcan and continued walking. it was still early in the morning and he kept walking until he reached a familiar place.

birds were chirping happily as they flew away, plants were swaying gracefully as the sun was beginning to show up. hyunjin breathed deeply as he walked his way to the familiar tree. he traced the words written in there and felt the breaking of his heart once again.

why?

why was this happening to them? destiny still wasn't done playing with them. that playground that used to radiate joy turned into a place full of bittersweet memories. they were happy, weren't they? what happened?

he needed answers, he needed her. he love her.

but the question was did she still feel the same? shaking the thought of his head, he closed his eyes and breathed in and out. he tried to get rid of the negative thoughts in his head, he didn't want to think of any of those things.

he sat on the grass and leaned his head on the tree. he took his phone from his pocket and with shaking hands, he typed out a messaged and sent it to her.

"please reply if you got to school safely."

he bit his lip as he waited for her reply but he just can't seem to stay still.

"we're not okay|"
"i'm still in love with you|"

but those messages went unsent because he was afraid. he was afraid of being neglected once again, he was afraid for she might not say those three words back.

his phone lit up as he quickly click the message and read it.

"i'm here." he let out a sigh of relief and replied: "i'm glad." he can't afford getting mad at her for too long, he was too whipped. checking his watch, he took his bag from his side and stood up. he didn't even noticed that it was already 7:46. his mind was too occupied with the thought of her.

he started walking away from the place but stopped and looked back at the tree. he squinted his eyes as he saw new words written in there. it wasn't too big nor was it too small. just enough for him to read it.

how come i just noticed it now?

he was too busy thinking of her that he failed to noticed it, he was too busy looking at the old words written in there and reminiscing what happened in the past that he failed to noticed what she really felt. as he read those words aloud, a smile slowly made it's way onto his lips and the sadness he was feeling earlier dissapeared as if it was never there.

she was the cause, the reason of his aching heart but she too, was the only one who could heal it.

he traced the words with his hands as he read it once again.

"i still love you hyunjin."