six

— yedam

yedam looked at the clock hanging by the wall, a sigh escaped his lips as he continued to write on his journal but his thoughts keep coming back to his sister

yedam looked at the clock hanging by the wall, a sigh escaped his lips as he continued to write on his journal but his thoughts keep coming back to his sister. she wasn't home yet and he's worried sick. he trust her but what if someone take advantage of her? it's already late. setting his journal aside, he opened his curtains and stared at the stars shining brightly in the night sky.

he and minseo always look at them together while talking about random things but somehow tonight feels empty. he was dependent on her, he wasn't being a clingy little brother but she's the only family he has.

those smiles and encouragements she gives him gave him strength and she has become his reason to be strong and to continue living. she was his sister. she was his sanctuary.

he admired her for she was always there for him even though it wasn't easy. not even once did she made him feel as if he was a burden, not even once did she look at him with dissapointment in her eyes.

sometimes, he caught her crying. he might not feel what she was feeling that time but he knew it wasn't easy and he knew she has a reason. life was hard for them and raising her little brother into a good man all alone was surely difficult but she didn't left him hanging. she stayed and she will always choose that.

yedam smiled and closed his eyes. it was always a tradition for them to wish upon a star. it isn't a childish thing to believe in something, everybody needs a little sprinkle of fairytale in their lives no matter how hard it is.

he wished for her happiness. that's always the first thing that he will wish. he love his sister dearly and he couldn't afford seeing her hurt and in pain. no, he doesn't want that. he wanted her to smile but if she does cry, he will be there by her side to hold her hand, let her cry and make her smile.

yedam opened his eyes as he heard the sound of a motorcycle. his eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he looked below and saw his sister getting down from the motorcyle with the help of a man. quickly standing up, he dashed to the door and got down.

he peeked through the door and saw her smiling while bidding her goodbyes and thankyous to the unknown man. he was a stranger but his worries fade away when he saw his sister smile and the man doing the same.

so they knew each other huh? he thought.

yedam quickly went up again when he saw minseo walking towards the entrance. a chuckle escape his lips as he slammed the door shut to his room. when she gets there, he was planning on teasing her just to see her reaction. it was funny how she gets easily flustered over the little things.

but deep inside him, he was happy for her and he silently thank that man, whoever he is, for making her smile. her smile is worth a thousand diamonds, a flower without thorns and a night full of stars.

"yedam?" he heard her call out his name from outside his room. she gently knocked on his door as she called out his name again. yedam coughed and fixed his composure. he walk towards the door, opened it and greeted her with a wide grin planted on his face.

minseo looked at him confused and mentally asked why was he grinning like that?

"so who's the lucky guy?" her cheeks flushed red as she playfully slap him on his arm.

"yedam!" his laugher filled the room as her sister continued hitting him playfully. "no wait! sorry!" she stopped and glared at him. yedam wiped the tear that escaped his eyes from laughing too much and looked at his flustered sister.

"h-he's just a friend!" yedam rolled his eyes and waved his hand.

"yeah yeah whatever." minseo smiled and walked towards him. she wrapped her arms around his shoulder and ruffled his hair. she led him to the two chairs in front of the window and sat down. the curtains were still open so they just stared at the night sky.

yedam's singing is the only thing that she can hear. his voice was unique and wonderdul. she even encourgaes him to participate whenever there's a singing competition in their school or just simply join the glee club, in which he always replies with a shrug and a smile.

if he doesn't want to join then she doesn't want to pressure him. she respected his decision. nevertheless, that didn't change the fact that he was insanely good at singing.

"what's the title of that song again?" she asked when he stopped.

"why so lonely, it's a good song right?" she hummed and nodded at her brother.

"your voice makes it even better."

"stop, i'm cringing." minseo laughed at his reaction and pinched his cheek. "by the way, what's the name of that guy?" she looked away from him.

"hwang hyunjin, why?"

"he seems nice. i saw you two outside." her cheeks flushed red once again when he said that. she played with the hem of her sleeves and kept quiet.

"but he still has to gain my trust." minseo scoffed and rolled her eyes at him.

"why are you acting like hyunjin and i are in a relationship?"

"i'm just saying, you know for the future."

"we're just friends and yes he is nice yedam. don't worry." yedam hummed, his stare turning serious.

"i just don't want you to get hurt noona." her gaze soften when she heard those words coming from him. he might be teasing her 24/7 but yedam was a sweet and caring little brother.

"thank you yedam."

"i'm your brother, it's my duty to protect you. no i need to protect you." minseo stood up from her seat and hugged him. "you're the sweetest little brother, do you know that?" yedam smiled as he hugged her back.

"i can't afford seeing you hurt. you've been in pain for a long time, i want you to be happy."

"i want the same for you too."

a/n:

edited: did wp just unpublished
this im + tHANK YOU FOR
1K+READS OMG  〒_〒♡
+sk dropped a teaser for young

wing performance video, check it
out now! (♡˙︶˙♡)