thirteen

- cry

changbin adjusted the strap of his bag as he walked through the crowded hallway of their school. he was alone. ever since that incident with hyunjin, they didn't go to school together anymore. they ignored each others' presence as if they were just strangers, as if they don't know each others' stories.

though he did understand, they needed space and they needed time to cool their heads off. they only want the best for hyunjin. they knew that it was terrible of them to say those words to the younger boy when all he ever did was love but they didn't want anyone to get caught up in their messy lives. they didn't want bang minseo to get hurt.

yes, changbin did understand but he can't help but get sad. he missed his friends. ever since they came into the picture, his life became less shitty and the stigma that runs in his veins calmed down. how ironic how people who aren't related to him by blood are the ones who made him feel as if he deserved every love, care and kindness in the world.

his eyes scanned the crowd of people hoping to find them- or atleast one of them. he wanted, no he needed to know how they were doing. he was cut off his stance when someone bumped into him. furrowing his eyebrows, he turned around and grabbed the person by their collar. however, his eyes soften when he met a familiar one.

"hyunjin?" gently letting him go, the boy slightly smiled at him and was about to walk away when changbin grabbed him the wrist.

"where are you going? classes are about to start." hyunjin took his wrist away from his grasp as he looked away, avoiding his gaze.

"i- it's something important. i gotta go." not even letting the older boy talk, he quickly walked away. the bell rang signalling every students to go into their respective classrooms but changbin stayed at his place. something was definitely wrong. grabbing his phone on his pocket, he dialed minho's number. he was hesitant at first and he didn't want to bother them but he was worried for the younger boy.

"hyung?" he walked out of the school, keeping his steps steady for he might wake the guard up.

"oh changbin, why'd you called?" his eyes saw hyunjin's figure walked from afar. "am i bothering you? it's about hyunjin." rustling can be heard from the other line and the teacher screaming something he didn't quite hear.

"where are you? i'm on my way, i'm gonna call the others too."

meanwhile, hyunjin bit his lip as he shakily took his phone out of his pocket. he was mad and terrified at the same time. minseo didn't text nor call him since yesterday. he thought that maybe he did something wrong again but no, it was worse than that.

"tick tock, time is running out hwang." his fist clenched as he gritted his teeth. minseo was kidnapped.

"you bastard." he growled through the phone. the guy on the other line laughed mockingly at him.

"be careful with your words if you don't want your beloved minseo to get h-"

"don't!" he hands went up to his hair as he ruffled them due to frustration. he didn't want her to get hurt, god knows how much he wanted to kept her safe, god knows how much he love her.

"don't hurt her." his voice getting smaller and smaller with each word. he didn't know what to do. he was willing to do everything for her but he was afraid because if he dared to do anything against them, minseo will get hurt.