ten

— catching feelings

silent cries from the young boy and the waves are the only thing that engulfed the both of them as they witnessed the sun setting together

silent cries from the young boy and the waves are the only thing that engulfed the both of them as they witnessed the sun setting together. in every sunset, there will be dawn and in every dawn, there is new hope. that was what hyunjin wanted her to know. and she did, she believed his every word.

minseo wiped the tear that rolled down her cheek and put her hand on top of hyunjin's. somehow, he calmed down a little after that gesture. the boy looked at their hands, his gaze going up until it locked on minseo's hues.

her eyes were the most beautiful thing he has ever seen. it shone brightly like the stars in the night sky and it was crystal clear. he can see his own reflection in it. he can see the boy he became, a broken one. the one who went astray but looking at minseo's eyes, he felt like home.

he was new to this kind of feeling. he never felt so comfortable around a girl like this. yes, he has girls swooning over him but no one really caught his interest. all of them were the same, all of them wanted him because he was bad and because it was cool. people claimed that he along with his group of members are the most good looking boys in their campus despite them having a bad image.

his smiles and laughter were as genuine as ever when he's around her. his tears rolled down without him holding it back for he trusted her too much and he can be himself whenever she's around. the day that minseo told her story without hesitation to him, his heart felt warmth because someone trusted him with their secret and god knows how much courage it takes just for a person to open up to someone.

he never felt like this before. his sister used to tell him stories about chivalry and romance when he was a kid. love. it was such a beautiful word but rihyun also told him that despite it being beautiful, it was painful. his sister said that love was like a rose. the color and beauty of the rose is the first thing that you will notice but the moment you will hold it, you'll get prick by its thorns.

but somehow, people still love it despite it being imperfect and love itself was imperfect.

and yes, that's right.

hwang hyunjin came to realized that minseo has became his rose. his love.

he never thought that someone like him could love like this. he was so sure of his feelings. he trusted her and she did the same to him.

"minseo." he said as he intertwined their hands together. she became his sanctuary, his home and for the first time in his life, he felt belong, needed and protected.

the girl looked at him confused, her eyebrows furrowing as she looked at their intertwined hands. her heart was beating rapidly on her chest as if it was gonna explode anytime. her hands became sweaty as she felt his gaze looking at her. it never left and she bit her lip because she was nervous and she didn't knew why.

hyunjin has been a good friend to her. he was there whenever she cries. her smiles and laughter were as genuine as his. they were both happy with each others company. they both felt comfort. who would've thought that two strangers would be able to find each other in this world? who would've have thought that a stranger could make you feel a mixture of emotions? can render you speechless and leave your mind and heart a mess.

slowly, she raised her head to look at him. her eyes bore onto his, his gaze was intense and she never saw hyunjin like that before. his eyes were conveying a message.

hyunjin was the one who broke the contact. his eyes slowly went down on her lips. leaning closer, his hands tightened their hold onto hers as if he was afraid of letting her go. he leaned closer and closer—

but minseo pushed him away gently.

love was imperfect. love is painful but he didn't knew that it would be this painful.

minseo looked away from him and took her hand away from his grasp. that was the moment that hyunjin felt his world collapsing the second time around but now, it was more painful. more agonizing.

did he assumed too much? did he really think that she would love someone like him? did he made another meaning behind her words and actions towards him? hyunjin bit his lip and looked down at his hand that held hers a while ago. the warmth was gone and he felt cold once again.

he can hear his own heart breaking but the worse part was he didn't blame her. he blamed himself because he fell, hard.

not even bothering to think that she wouldn't catch him. he was still naive. he was still a fool. nothing changed. he was still alone.

silence surrounded the both of them as they tried to find the right words to say. minseo clenched her fist as she heard hyunjin sighed. out of the corner of her eye, she can see disappointment, it was written all over his face.

it wasn't like that. she was still confused. did she really love him? she didn't want to do something that she still wasn't sure of. she didn't want to lead him on, that's why she pushed him away. but she hurt him too.

"hyunjin." she called out to him but hyunjin quickly stood up, his hands on his pocket as he walked ahead of her. she was just about to explain her side but she chose to closed her lips. judging from his actions, he didn't want to talk about it and minseo understands. she hurt him. she caused him pain. of course it was normal for him to act like that.

"let's just go home minseo." he said coldly and minseo could only nod her head and walk behind him.

minseo was his rose and he cut himself trying to hold her in his arms.

a/n:
yall thought this is fluff—
no jk, pls dont hate me and
minseo— but fam can you
believe that cry is already at
#159 in short story?
i just wanted to thank you all
and i love you so much. i never
really thought that many people
will love this story.

please do continue to support
cry and i promise that i'll do my
best. again, thank you so much
and ily ♡