Chapter 10

It was dark and everyone else were asleep in their tents.  I sneak out of my tent,  barely making any noise. Because if Aditi catches me,  the whole camp will know.  I take my backpack and a trekking pole along with me. 

I walk outside as I take a deep breathe, enjoying the beautiful cold night. 

I start climbing the hill digging the snow beneath me.  The moonlight reflected on leaves of the trees around me.  After walking a little distance, I hear something.  I immediately hide behind a tree and try to look behind me. 

It was Bunny struggling to climb through the snow-covered ground.  I thought about going towards him directly,  but I had better plans. I pick up a rock from the ground and throw it behind Bunny.  The rock lands on one of bushes right behind Bunny. 

Bunny turns around slowly to see what's out there. Meanwhile I ran towards him and scream in his ears, making him shiver from head to toe.  He let out a loud scream. I held my stomach as I couldn't control my laughter.

I finally slow down as I see Bunny watching me intensely. He finally asks me, "What are you doing here? "
I smile at him and say,"For the same reason you are here. C'mon let's get going. "

I look at the full moon and say, "If there really exists a miraculous temple out there,  even I have something to wish for. "

We keep on climbing,  digging our trekking poles one at a time.  I didn't realise how far ahead I was from Bunny.  I look back and see him struggling to make a move. I laugh at his condition as I wait for him.

He finally reaches near me and takes a deep breathe. I look at him and say, "Let's take a break. "
Bunny refuses, "No it's fine. Bunny never gets tired. Let's get going. "
I roll my eyes and lie, "But I am.  Let's just sit here. "
He drops his backpack on the ground and throws himself beside me.  He looked as if he needed a week's rest at least.

I rub my cold palms against each other as I shiver.  I look at Bunny with the side of my eyes and ask him, "Did you bring whiskey? "
Bunny turns his face with a shock, "Yes...I did. Why do you ask? "
I wink at him playfully, "It's too cold out here. Let me have some, please. "
His shock was still on his face while he handed me over the bottle. 

I held it with both my hands as I look at it before having a sip.  I smile at Bunny and say, "Please don't tell anyone, okay? "
I close my eyes as I take a huge sip of whiskey,  which brought chills to my body. It is SO good.

I giggle, looking at Bunny before taking another sip of the holy drink. Before I could draw my hands away,  Bunny snatches the bottle from my hands, "That's enough for now. "
I say excitedly,"But it's soooo good!  What is it? "
He puts the bottle in his backpack and says, "It's Manali's special item. And do you know what's the special ingredient in this drink? Weed. "

I let out a little oh.  Playing with my trekking pole,  I ask him, "How do you all this? "
He speaks, "I'm not that stupid as my grades are. "
He lifts his backpack from the ground and starts searching something.
He takes out a thick book and hands it over to me, "Infact, have a look at this."

He opens the book and there was a newspaper cut out. It was an article based on Manali.  He points it out to me and asks me to read it.

I ignore the article and turn the page. 
It looked like his scrap book or something.  I run my fingers through pictures of various countries/places he pasted on different pages. The rest of the book was blank but each blank page was titled with a place's name. Still looking at it, I ask him, "What is this book, Bunny?"

"My Dream," he answers.
"What do you mean?"
"I want to explore the world, Naina. I want to... travel every corner of the world. "

I tease him, "That's a lot to do. When will you do the other things? Setting up a career and family? "
He sits back and says, "I don't want to live such a boring life. Study most of your life... then get a job... get married... have kids and then.... get old and wait for death. I...I want something more than that, I live more than that."

I face him and ask him, "What do you want in life, Kabir? "
He looks me in the eyes and says,"Pace. Craziness. I want every day to be so much fun that I should hear my heart beat out loud. "

He looks at the sky full of stars and says,"I want to fly,  Naina. I want to run,  and I also want to fall. But..."
He faces me and says,"I just don't want to stop."

He stands up and looks at the hill behind me, "This mountain climbing... For you,  this might just be a trek. For me,  this is my drug. Something I do to live. "