Chapter 3

[Naina's P.O.V.]

I couldn't sleep the night. I couldn't study either. All I was thinking was, how fun spending time would be in Manali with friends. I quickly switch on my computer and open the website of the tours and travels Aditi was going with. I see their post about Manali Trip in their timeline. I get really excited just by seeing those pictures.

I made my decision. I just can't miss this Trip. I just can't miss this trek. I have to go.

*********

Next morning I pack my bags and leave the house before my Mom and Dad wake up. I slide a note on the dining table s
Which read,
"I left for Manali. Don't be mad, mom."

I run towards the train waiting in the platform. There was a guy hanging by the door of my train booth. His back was facing towards me. I call him,"Excuse me!"

He turns around, sipping a coke. Instead of asking me why I called him, he kept staring.

Before I could say anything, he guesses,"Aisha?"
I shake my head.
I look at him again as I recognize him. He is Kabir Thappar, a.k.a Bunny! The same person Aditi was referring to yesterday.

I know what he is doing now. He has no idea who I am, but he's still gonna pretend as if he knows me just to start a conversation. Such a flirt.

He tries harder,"Ohh! You are.. Geeta's sister?"
I yell,"No!"
I look at him angrily and say it myself,"Modern school, same batch."

His face softens forming a wide smile as he finally recognizes me. He teases,"Scholar Nainaaaa!"
I smile at him weakly, not knowing what to say.
He pulls me into a tight hug and asks,"What's up?"

I turn around to pick my luggage and say,"Well right now, I'm very late. Have you seen Sameer?"
He asks me with a shock,"Are you coming with us?!"
I nod with a awkward smile.

He walks towards me slowly and says,"You know right? That...this is a trek?"
Okay so now he's trying to tease me.
He continues,"There'll be mountain climbing! You'll have to sleep in tents, Naina. Bears will pounce on you!"

I turn around angrily,"I know what a trek is!!"
He chuckles,"Okay bro."
Sameer emerges from behind, our travel guide. He apologises,"I'm sorry Naina. I couldn't arrange a seat for you at the last moment!"
What NOOOO! My mom will won't let me in!
I plead,"Please do something! I can even sleep on the floor. Just let me come with you guys!"

Kabir offers me,"Sleep with me."
I glare at him angrily as he backs off. He clears himself,"I'm not telling you to sleep with me. We can... share my seat?"

Sameer speaks,"Okay. That's not a problem! Naina, go get inside!"
Kabir climbs inside before I could say a 'thank you' to him.
I yell,"Kabir!! My luggages!"

He pops out his face and says,"I'm not a porter. Request me nicely."
I roll my eyes. Okay sir.
I request him with a fake smile,"Kabir, please help me with these bags?"
He tries to hide his laugh as he gets down.
He comes close to me as my heart starts pounding. He corrects me,"Bunny."
That was the closest I've ever been to a guy.

He picks up one of the bags and keeps it inside the train. He picks up my handbag and stops. I look at him as he takes out a small Ganpati idol from my bag and laughs. I snatch it from him and put it back. He gets inside the train as he hudes his laugh and waits for me get inside.

Everything felt strange all of a sudden. The train starts moving as Kabir screams my name to get inside. Why did I even come here? What was I thinking? I've never been to a trip before, and here I am going with a bunch of strangers.

My chain of thought break as Kabir shakes me holding me firmly by my shoulders. He shouts,"What are you thinking? The train is leaving, let's go!!"
I look at him and say in a low voice,"Bunny, I've never travelled alone before."
Kabir's face softens. He holds my hand and comforts me,"So do it now. There's nothing to worry about. It'll be so much fun, trust me."

He tightens his grip around my hand as we start running towards the door. We both run as fast as possible and quickly get inside the train.

I sit beside the window opposite Aditi and Avinash. Last time I saw Avinash was ages ago. He has changed a lot. He is really tall and good looking now. Bunny comes and sits beside me.

Aditi offers Avinash Ham and cheese sandwich but he refuses it like a little child. She shouts at him,"It's Ham and cheese! Your favourite Avi! I woke up early just to make these for you."
Saying that she feeds him herself.

Avinash looks at me and speaks,"Did you know Naina? During school exams, we used to toss who is going to sit behind you. Whoever used to win the toss used to pass the exam!"

Aditi turns to face me and asks me curiously,"Are you following me Naina?"
I smile at her awkwardly.
Avinash shouts,"It's okay Naina! Aditi has this fantasy of all the girls in the world following her! She's secretly a lesbian!"
Aditi punches him and yells at him,"IM NOT A LESBIAN!!"
They both start fighting and pulling each other's hair.
I laugh at their kiddish behaviour. Everyone werw distracted when they hear a girl asking for a knife.

I looked at that girl's outfit from top to bottom, so did Avinash and Bunny. She revealed so much skin that she was better off clothes. Not only her outfit was slutty, but her voice too.

She asks with an annoying voice,"Hi Guyss! Do you have a knife?" She shows us the apple she was holding.
Avinash immediately starts unpacking his bags to search a knife. Aditi says with a straight face,"No, we don't. Sorry."

She mouths "Oh" and turns to leave. Bunny quickly goes towards her and stands really close to her. He hands her a pocket knife as she blushes and thanks him.
Bunny starts flirting,"Ya okay. But what will I get in return?"
She starts blushing like a dumb girl,"What do you want?"
I roll my eyes looking at this nonsense.
Bunny says with a not-so-sexy voice,"I want your......name."
She smiles at him and says,"Lara."
He comes more closer to her and whispers,"Bunny."
She jumps,"Oh my god, That's so cute!!"
O-me-gawd thets sho kut
Avinash extends his hand and says,"I'm Avinash."
She faces us and asks,"So even you all are going to Manali?"
Yes bitch. Then why would we even be on this train?
Bunny flirts,"If you are heading to Manali, then how can we go somewhere else?"

Bunny snatches her apple from her and says,"Why apple? Have lunch!"
Avinash speaks,"Yes! We have Ham and cheese sandwich!"
I look at Aditi who was glaring at him angrily.
Lara plays with her hair and asks,"Are you sure?"
Bunny whispers,"Yes Baby."

She jumps excitedly and says,"Okay! Let me bring my girlfriends!"
What? Girlfriends? I can't deal with a group of girls like her!!