Chapter 4

Lara and her two 'girlfriends' got comfortable with us pretty quickly. And I couldn't even speak my thoughts since the past two hours. Bunny and Avinash were happy flirting with those girls. And Aditi was probably planning their murders in her mind. Same Aditi, same.

Avinash grabs his bag, opens it, takes out two bottles of beer and screams,"Let the party beginnnn!!"
Oh god.
Lara excitedly claps her hands and says,"Okay let's play my favourite game! The drinking game!"
Her friends cheer, being equally excited.

She speaks,"Let me explain you all about how the game is played. If it's my turn, I will say something that I've never done before. For example, I've never travelled in Auto Rickshaws. Now, who all  have travelled in Rickshaws, will drink a sip of their drink!!"

Everyone were so ready to play the game. Except me. Avinash quickly pours and hands everyone a glass of beer. He offers me one too, but I refuse it.
"I don't drink alchohol," I smile awkwardly.
Avinash gives me a look as if I told him I don't drink water.
Bunny hands me a Appy juice and cracks a lame joke,"Take this appy and be happy."
I roll my eyes and take it.

I guess it will be fun. I'm finally hanging out with the so called cool people. Nothing to worry about, I guess.
Lara's friend Priya starts the game. She says,"I have never.... kissed anyone!"
Oh my god, is this how the game is gonna go? Shit.

Almost everyone take a sip of their drink while I look out of the window, embarrassed. I never had a boyfriend or a social life. This is gonna be bad.
Avinash looks at Priya and teases,"So let's do it now!"
Aditi punches Avinash and asks him to shut up.

It was Avinash's turn. He says,"I have never.... been is love."
Lara and her friends, and even Aditi takes a sip. Lara looks at Bunny who was sitting beside her and asks him,"Oh my god, you've never been in love, Bunny?"
Bunny shakes his head,"Never."

He then looks at her and flirts,"But I think I will now."
She looks down and blushes in a not-so-cute way. Aditi screams,"He is kidding! He is allergic to love."
It seemed like Aditi spoke my thoughts.

It was Aditi's turn. Everyone faces her as she speaks,"I have never.... watched a porn film."
Avinash takes a sip before saying,"Everyday!"
Everyone else take a sip of their drink as I sit silent as if I don't belong here.

Everyone were having fun sharing their 'cool' life experiences. Everything felt weird all of a sudden. The feeling of regret came back. Why did I even come to this trip? This is not fun so far. They're different. I am so different from them. I can't even manage to have a proper conversation with anyone here. The problem is not them, It's me. I've always been like this. I keep isolating myself from everyone around me.

People always assume that I'm an introvert just because I don't talk much. But that's not the truth. Even I wish to enjoy, to hang out with friends if I had any, or even partying.

I suddenly look at Bunny who was looking at me intensely, as if he could read my mind.
He finally speaks,"Speak up! It's your turn."
I stand up and hesitate,"No, I don't wanna play. Sorry."
Avinash stops me,"Hey don't run away when it's your turn."
I might burst out in tears anytime soon. I just can't.
I look at Bunny and request,"Bunny can I use your seat for a while? Please?"
He looks at me and gives me an assuring smile,"Sure."

I climb up and lay down on Bunny's seat. I could hear everyone laughing and having fun. I close my eyes as tears start to flow. Why am I crying? I don't know. Probably because I can't be like them. I can't be the person everyone likes. I can't be the person with whom boys flirt. I don't even have an identity. Sometimes I feel like I don't even exist. All people know about me is that I'm a scholar. And that's really depressing.

********

I didn't realise when I fell asleep. The lights were off as I sit upright. I look around me, everyone were sleeping in their seats. Wait. Where's Bunny? I slept on his seat! I wonder where he is.

I look around, I couldn't see him. I climb down and start walking ahead. I come near the doorway. I stop  as I see him sitting beside the door, peacefully. He was enjoying the view. I didn't want to disturb him but I call him anyway,"Bunny! You can sleep now."
He didn't turn around to face me. His eyes were locked watching the view outside. He says,"It's okay. You go, sleep."

I say,"But-"
He cuts me,"I'm not sleeping. You should... sleep."
I don't reply. I turn around and walk back to Bunny's seat and lay down. I close my sleepy eyes and fall back to sleep.