15.

In the second week of May, Perrie and Danny have an appointment with their lawyer. The firm has handled all of their family's legal issues, from their testaments to the adoption and Perrie's business.

The children are the only part of this that really worry Perrie. They don't know what's going on yet, which is why she's now on her way from her salon to the lawyer's office in the middle of the day, while normally the lawyer comes and meets them at their house. Perrie is worried for their reaction, their pain, their disappointment, and if they even want her to be their mom still. She knows legally it won't be a problem - she's their adoptive parent and the divorce won't change that. But how will the kids feel?

Danny is already in the waiting area when Perrie arrives, and he stands up to give her a kiss on the cheek. Their lawyer's secretary invites them into the office and offers them coffee.

"Danny and Perrie Walsh, it's been a while," says Simon Cowell as he gets up from his chair. He shakes their hands and points to the meeting table on the other side of the room. "Tell me about your decision." Simon looks at them over the rim of his glasses, pen and paper in front of her. Danny looks at Perrie.

"Well, some things happened, and we..."

"We decided it's for the best." Perrie finishes his sentence and then adds, "To get a divorce, I mean."

Simon nods.

"I'm sorry to hear that. Do you want me to represent the both of you?"

They both nod. The secretary brings in the coffee and disappears again.

"Ok. So we have two spouses who already agree on what their next step is. We call this an uncontested divorce, which means we can do it as quick and painless as possible. You don't have to stand against each other in court."

Perrie breathes a sigh of relief. She kind of knew from her short online research that it shouldn't be too complicated, but it's nice to get it confirmed.

"Now, the things we need to discuss are the legal parts; the business, the money, the house, other assets, and the kids. Have you spoken about these things yet?"

Danny leans forward a little.

"We have, although I'm not sure we've covered it all. Our nuptial agreement states that we both keep our respective businesses and their profits. So, Peeeie keeps her salon and I keep the profits from my freelance registration. The thing about purchases, we're not sure what to do with that, does that include the house?"

Simon explains to them how the law sees these things and that it's really mostly up to them how they want to divide all of their assets. Danny wants to keep the house and buy Perrie out, and she wants to be the sole owner of her salon and buy him out, since he was the second party to help her finance it.

Danny asks, they answer, and he writes.

"And the kids?"

"Shared custody," Perrie says, with a peek at Danny. He nods.

After an hour and a half, Simon has a good idea of what they want and says he's ready to draw up the documents. He'll send them a detailed list of things they need to specify beforehand, such as the practicality of their shared custody and splitting up their assets.

"So, I guess we have some work to do," Perrie says as they stand on the sidewalk in front of the lawyer's office. Danny nods.

"Not to mention, tell our kids and family."

Perrie crosses her arms and clicks one heel on the pavement.

"I'm worried about the kids, Danny. How should we go about this? A family meeting type of thing?"