Lurking Around Corners End [10]*

*****

Recap

Of course Shadow had to bend down with me to watch what I was doing. "So who would this incredibly annoying person you’re in detention with?" Shadow now picked up the now tidy box to only replace it with another.

"Oh it's no one really, well not of importance anyway"

"You know that you can't run from me, so why complain that I'm here?" Came his cocky reply.

"Whoever said that it was you?"

"You didn't need to" With that he turned around and continued working. Which we both did for the rest of the detention, in silence.

*****

"Right you lot get lost, time to go home" Miss. Flowers said while ushering us out of the room. "Oh and Mr. Rosethorn I would like to speak to you please.

When I got out the room with Danny and Eva all I could hear was them to complaining how sticky their hands were from getting the chewing gum of. Throwing my bag into Shane's car, I turned around to see one of the Rosethorn's staring straight at me. Huh 'What's wrong with that family and staring' I thought, hopping into the car.

*****

                                                                                                 Midnight ------------------------------>

Chapter 10

Skylar’s POV

                Walking through the front door of my home, with Shane marching strait up the stairs in front of me, I could hear my parents talking in the kitchen, they obviously didn’t know that we were home yet so there’s no problem with me listening to what they are saying. Right?

I walked up to the door but next to the stairs to make a quick escape if I needed to.

“… I don’t know, that’s why I was asking you…”

“Well should we tell her or not...?” Her as in me?

“I don’t know John… I mean it would be good if she knew… But it could put her in danger…”

“Annabelle listen to me, yes it could be dangerous but the MoonStakes will keep her safe, then Night Vermin won’t get her.” My dad said in a reassuring way to my mother.

“I… I don’t know; let’s give it a little longer. I don’t think that she’ll be ready, I mean she hasn’t commented on anything weird you have said lately has she?” I bet she had her eyebrow raised at this point

“I suppose your right, but only a little longer okay?” I tool that as my queue to leave before I got caught.

I bounded up the stairs two at a time, and into my room. I grabbed my laptop off the desk, plonking myself down on my bed and opening it up to the internet.

Clicking onto the internet browser and typing in MoonStakes.

Searching…

Searching…

Searching…

No results found for MoonStakes

Hmm, how about Night Vermin?

Searching…

Searching…

Searching…

3 results found for Night Vermin, please select your chosen option,

-          Bats

-          Fox’s

-          Rats

I’m pretty sure they are not what mum and dad where going on about, what were they talking about?

*****

After doing my homework, eating dinner and putting my dirty clothes down to be washed seeing as I left them on the floor last night. Looking at the clock and seeing that it was 10.54 I’d better get ready for bed.

*****

Somehow this morning I managed to get up out of bed early and that’s without an alarm clock, which by the way I am proud off.

Grabbing my clothes for the day, this consisted of light blue shorts, and a brown vest top. And headed into the shower.

I was about to walk down the stairs to get breakfast, when I saw my phone on my bed side table. And it was like I wasn’t in control of my following actions which consisted of me texting Tyler to meet me outside my house in ten.

And with that I got my bag, and walked down the stairs to the kitchen only to find that Shane was already up and dressed well this is a first. Well all people can change, well everyone but Shane.

“I think I’m going to faint.” I suddenly announced

“Of course my mother comes over and starts to fuss and they do. “Why hunny, why?”

“Because, because…”

“Yes?” She was looking at me with such questioning eyes.

“Shane is already up…” I then pretended to faint of course, got to finish what you started.

“Really? Is that it, you got me all worked up for nothing.” Scolded mum. Well I thought it was funny and by the looks of it dad did too. Shane was like mum, he didn’t look not at all pleased with me.

“Well I have you know I wanted to get into school early this morning.” Ha who wants to go early? Ever, and with that he got up and left. Huh who knew he was telling the truth, or maybe he isn’t but I really can’t be bothered to go and follow him so let’s pretend he is.

Getting a piece of toast of the plate and taking a bite out of it, the doorbell rang.

“That’ll be my ride, I’ve got to go. Love ya”

I opened the door to find Tyler wearing dark blue washed jeans, and a white fitted top to match. Closing the door behind me and started walking to his car.

“A hey would be nice, you know.” said Tyler.

“Yer I know, but you’re my driving money at the moment and money drivers don’t get ‘Hey’s’. So drive monkey driver, drive” I ordered.

“How comes I’m a monkey driver?”

“I don’t know it was the first thing that came into my head”

“Okay” He dragged the ‘y’ out a lot longer than needed.

Not five minutes later we pulled into the school’s parking lot. I got out the car to see they same guy from yesterday Zane, I think staring at me again.

“Come on, let’s get to class” Tyler said while grabbing my hand.

“What class do you have?” I asked.

“Err… Drama I believe, you?”

“Same, come on”

*****

Me and Tyler walked into the very busy and noisy lunch room and queued up for our food.

While we were queuing I could feel someone staring at me, I turned around to see who it was but saw no one there.

“You okay Sky?”

“Yer I’m fine”

“Are you sure?”

“Yer thanks” I smiled to let him know I was okay. When I really think they weren’t.