Chapter Twenty Two

Start from the beginning

"Patricia! Get my suture kit, the folds, everything." He said as he walked into the room. The older woman that had said Otis' name commanded. That was Patricia. "We're gonna do everything we can, Rick."

Rick gave a small nod before seeing Adam and Nick run up the fields, followed by Shane helping Otis. More like forcing. Rick then walked out of the room as they laid Mikaela on the bed. Hershel looked up. 

"What's her blood type?" Hershel asked, getting his scalp out.

Rick turned around. "A positive. Same as mine."

Hershel nodded. "That's fortunate. We're going to need you, don't go far."

Rick nodded back to him, and walked out of the room once again. He looked at his shirt, covered in blood. He had his sheriff's hat on, without even noticing it. He had a pink cloth in his hands, tears welled up in his eyes. He wasn't sure what was going on around him, all he cared about now was protecting Mikaela from anything. Adam and Nick ran up to the stairs, as Rick walked out of the house.

"Is she alive?" Nick panted, looking up at Rick.

He gave a small nod, tears ready to come out. Adam and Nick rushed past Rick. Shane and Otis then soon ran up afterward. Otis, greatly out of breath, looked up at Rick.

"Is she.. is she alive?" He panted heavily.

Rick gave a small nod, looking at him before moving his eyes to see Shane. Rick then began to let out tears, Otis walking past him into the house. Shane climbed the small amount of stairs, not even out of breath. Shane took the cloth from Rick's hands as Rick then rubbed his forehead. Blood smeared across his forehead. Shane looked at Rick's blood-covered forehead, and sighed. Shane then put his backpack on the ground, and put the cloth to Rick's forehead, wiping the blood.

"You got blood." Shane muttered, cleaning the blood off.

Rick nodded, looking out into the fields with teary eyes. Shane then put the cloth back into his backpack. 

"She doesn't know.. Lori doesn't know..." Rick muttered through his teary voice.

Shane looked down, nodding. Before he could speak, Patricia ran to the door.

"She needs blood!" Patricia pleaded, running back to the room before Rick or Shane could speak. 

Rick ran to action, Shane following him. As Rick ran into the room, Mikaela had regained consciousness, as she was screaming in pain. Adam and Nick had been waiting outside of the room, unable to see her like that. 

"Hold her down!" Hershel commanded as Patricia set up a station to give blood. 

Shane quickly held Mikaela down as Hershel then put a scalpel into Mikaela's stomach, where the bullet went through. She screamed in pain, as Shane had to keep her held down so she wouldn't move too much. Rick watched in pain as he watched his daughter before him, scream in pain. Patricia was about to poke the transfer tube into Rick before he snapped away.

"Stop! You're killing her!" Rick pleaded as Hershel moved the scalpel into Mikaela, making her scream in pain.

"Rick!" Hershel said, needing him to stop.

"You give her blood and you do it now!" Shane shouted at Rick, as Patricia gripped Rick's arm.

She poked the needle into his arm, transfering the blood to a bag that could be put into Mikaela. Mikaela then stopped screaming, and resisting against Shane. Hershel took a heavy sigh.

"She just passed out, that's all." He said quietly as Rick stood there, teary eyed again. 

After the transfer, Rick and Shane stepped out of the room to see one of the girl's that helped Mikaela inside, sitting in a chair next to Otis. Adam and Nick leaned against the wall in the other side of the room. Shane nodded to them as Nick looked at Rick.