Part 5

A week had passed and you made it obvious to keep your distance from Sebastian. It was clear, in your mind, that he didn't seem too interested in you. You didn’t want to waste time pondering what the issues may be and to only disappoint yourself but rather did your best to keep your mind on enjoying your first summer back home. So most of the days you stayed home, did things around the house, laid out by the pool, anything to avoid bumping into him.

Friday morning arrived and you had just finished breakfast when your father walked downstairs carrying an overnight bag. “Hey sweetheart! I have to leave town for a few days to check out this new equipment showcase. I’m trying to invest on some new equipment for the shop! Gotta try and keep up with technology you know,” he smiled. “Plus it will help expand our business in the long run.” He continued with enthusiasm while taking a big sip from his cup of coffee. You responded with a smile, knowing your dad was always up for expanding and improving his shop.

There weren’t many big mechanic shops in town but mostly in the bigger cities surrounding your area. Your dad’s shop had been the towns only source of an affordable but major auto repair and other minor mechanics in the last 20 years.  So your dad felt his responsibility was to be the best in this area. So he hired the best, worked with the best equipment and kept himself well informed with the changing technology and the growing needs of customers.  It warmed your heart knowing how much he was passionate about his work.

As you went back to clearing the table, he mentioned quickly. “Oh and I asked Sebastian to take care of the shop and everything while I'm gone.” Your smiled faded and you looked annoyed. “So if you need anything just talk to him okay,” he said while scrolling through his phone. “I won’t be gone long. But call me if there’s an emergency or if you need anything sweetheart.” He said smiling giving you a big hug.

Great, you thought. Right when you were getting used to not seeing him, he was practically ruining everything. Well it’ll be for a few days so shouldn’t be too bad, you thought. Staying in for the week has been good. What’s another few days? Besides, you didn’t need to see him anyway.

"No worries daddy. I'll be fine! I’ll see you soon and please,” as you pulled on his arm, “don't forget to take your meds ok?" you said pleadingly yet with concern.

He smiled and gently touched your chin, “Don't worry about me, sweetheart. See you in a couple of days," he said and kissed your forehead before leaving the house. You walked to the door and waved at him as he backed up his car and disappeared onto the highway.

You stood outside for a moment looking around which meant looking towards the shop. You didn't see Sebastian around, so you went back inside the house and closed the door behind you. After contemplating on what to do with the rest of your day, you decided to catch up on some reading. You had put off looking for work as nothing had really stood out in your job search. All the possible positions that you were qualified for were based in the city and you weren’t ready to commit to anything too far from home just yet. You wanted to enjoy being out of school and back at home for a change.

After a while the reading didn’t help much. The constant distraction known as Sebastian kept creeping into your head which left you even more frustrated. You were sure that he didn't want anything to do with you, still you couldn't quite push away your feelings for him.

A sudden text alert snapped you out of your daze. It was an old friend contacting you: “Hey, (Y/N)! I heard you were back in town! We really need to catch up sometime!” You smiled. You haven’t heard from Lauren in some time since you left for college while she had stayed local. Just the occasional text here and there but never anything much. You had a handful of friends growing up but everyone had moved away. “Hey Lauren! OMG! How r u? Yeah I’m back in town. Been back for a few weeks now. What’s going on?” You exchanged messages for a few minutes and decided that meeting up for drinks was definitely in the near future. You said your byes and leaned back on the couch feeling good that it was a nice distraction. I mean, Summer was for going out and not staying indoors! It seemed all was going well as you were coming to this realization, until you heard the doorbell rang. You closed your book and got up to check who it was.