Chapter 25: Do You Want Me (Dead)?

---

Oh, give it up for at least a second
I'm getting sick of your bullshit attitude
And how you walk around like you shine brighter
It's killing me
So what do you say?
Do you want me
Or do you want me dead?

-

Vic's POV

I wake to a loud crashing sound. Kellin jolts up with me, obviously just been woken up from the noise. I look to Kellin, worried then Mike calls my name from the living room. I leap out of bed and rush into the living room where Mike's standing next to a pile of glass. It takes me a moment to process that the glass is the window.

"What happened?" I screech utterly confused.

Kellin appears behind me and takes my hand.

"I was just sitting on the sofa and a brick came through the window." Mike says, pointing to the brick on the floor.

"Get away from the window." I tell him and he moves behind me.

"Stay here." I tell Kellin, kissing his cheek.

I go over to the brick and pick it up.

"Babe, be careful." Kellin whimpers.

There's something written on the brick.

HAND HIM OVER OR ILL COME GET HIM MYSELF

"Fuck." I whisper.

"What is it?" Kellin whimpers.

"Calvin." I sigh. "We can't stay here."

Kellin comes over and looks at the brick.

"I'm so sorry." He croaks out, getting teary.

I put the brick down and wrap my arms around him.

"It's not your fault." I tell him.

"It is. I shouldn't have dragged you into this." He cries. "I'll go stay with my parents for a while, until this all cools down."

"No, you're not going anywhere. You can't just abandon school and your job. We'll find a place to stay. We're in this together." I tell him, kissing his temple.

"Where are we going to go?" he sniffs.

"Why don't you go stay with Mama and Papa." Mike suggests.

I sigh and pull away from Kellin, turning to my brother.

"You know that's not an option." I tell him.

"It is and it's the only one you have." Mike says sternly. "Just call them Vic. They're probably dying to hear from you."

I sigh knowing he's right. But our last interaction was a fight over my sexuality then I left home to go live with Andy.

"Do you really think they're going to let Kellin and I stay there? My boyfriend and I?" I ask disbelievingly.

"If they love you, they will. Just talk to them." Mike urges.

I look to Kellin and brush my hand over his cheek. All I want is for him to be safe. If putting up with my homophobic parents insures his safety then I'll do it.

"Okay, I'll call them." I agree.

"I'll start cleaning this mess up." Mike says.

I thank him quietly then go back into my room, getting my phone. Kellin follows and we both sit down on the bed as I call my parents landline. I'm nervous. If this doesn't work out then I don't know what to do.