Chapter 7: Your Bed

-

Who are you now?
Do I want to know
Or am I asking for something that I know is probably going to rip me open

---

Kellin's POV

I sit on the sofa, flicking through the TV channels bored. Cal had gone off to work a while ago. He works as a bouncer at the strip club in town. I'd like to think that he doesn't just work there to look at the girls strip but deep down I know he does. I guess I understand though. He's bisexual and girls can give him something that I can't-boobs.

I think about texting Vic but then I remember our last encounter. He says that it's fine but I think he's avoiding me. It's been two weeks since the day that Calvin came into Coffee House and two weeks since I've seen Vic. I keep an eye out for him when I work but he doesn't show up.

Suddenly my phone rings and I look at it, expecting it to be Calvin but it's not. It's an unknown number. Curious and bored, I answer it.

"Hello?" I speak.

"Hey Kellin, it's Mike. Are you busy?" Mike speaks confusing me. Why is he calling me?

"No, not at all. What's up?" I ask.

"It's Vic. He, uh, he's in a slump. I was wondering if you could come over and like cheer him up or something." Mike says sounding hopeful.

"Isn't he avoiding me? I haven't seen him at work lately." I frown.

"No, no. That's my fault. I have like a caffeine addiction so he doesn't want to have something I can't have. And then there's the fact that he's in a slump."

"What happened? Why is he in a slump? What kind of slump?" I ask confused, standing up off of the sofa and taking my keys off of the coffee table.

"I kind of opened old wounds and he's just depressed. I'll explain it to you...if you want to come over." He says sounding hopeful once again making me realize that I hadn't given him an answer.

"Oh, yeah of course. What's the address?" I ask and he tells me the address before hanging up.

I slide my phone in my pocket and leave the house, locking the door behind me. I get into my car and start it before driving off.

I need to get home before Cal finishes work. I can't lose track of time or Calvin's going to lose his shit.

I drive to the address and park out the front. I take a breath and get out of the car before going up to the front door. I knock on the door and it opens seconds later. Mike grabs my wrist, accidentally pressing hard on a bruise but I don't care. He pulls me inside and shuts the door.

"So what happened?" I ask.

"I kind of brought up the fact that he shuts everyone out, pushes everyone away and is afraid of love. After that, he went to bed and refused to get out. He's been in there for two weeks. He only comes out to use the bathroom. I have to make him food and take it to him so he eats. I don't know what to do anymore." He explains and I look at him surprised.

He drags me through a room and down a hallway to the very end where he knocks on a door.

"Go away." I hear Vic call from inside.

"Vic, Kellin's here." Mike says with a gentle tone.

There's a while of silence before the door creaks open slightly. Vic's looking through the gap and honestly, he looks like shit.