"I think you're suffering from hypervigilance. It's often a symptom of post traumatic stress disorder. It's the persistent feeling of being under threat." She explained, and maybe Stiles had been wrong. Her voice was rather soothing.

"It's more than a feeling. It's...Its like a panic attack, like I can't breath."

"Like you're drowning." Stiles nodded slowly. "It's all a metaphor, Stiles. You should hold off opening your mouth under water, until the autonomic reflex to breath kicks in, because it will give you more time to fight your way to the surface or be rescued." He understood what she meant. Don't give up until the last straw. He still couldn't agree though.

"What if the pain gets worse, goes from agony to hell."

"I can only tell you one thing. 'If you're going through hell, keep going.'"

🐾👣🐾👣🐾

Scott didn't know how exactly to react when he saw Gerard with the Kanima in his room. With his mother being partially strangled by said Kanima. He could only feel fear; cold, dreadful fear.

"You haven't been answering your phone, Scott. So I took a more...direct approach of contact." Gerard said, voice caught of the edges of doting grandfather and mass killing hunter.

"I-I, please, put my mom down." That's all he could force out, excuses blank in his head as he looked up at his terrified mother.

"I want Stiles' pack, Scott." Gerard's tone lost all kindness, wrinkled frown and narrowed eyes in place.

"I-I don't know where they are. I swear! Stiles won't even tell me." He'd been avoiding Stiles for this exact reason. Gerard wanted answers, and if Scott couldn't give them, then he couldn't hurt Stiles. He didn't even think on how this would affect him and his mother.

"Now, see here, Scott..." Gerard stood slowly, menacing despite his old age. "I could kill your mother right here and now, but I plan on using Jackson to kill Derek...Stiles. For my daughter that they murdered. So I'll be back...And when or if I come back, I want answers. Or you won't have a mother or a best friend."

The Kanima dropped Melissa with a click of Gerard's fingers, both leaving the room and the house as Scott dropped down to his trembling mother.

"Are you okay?" Scott checked her over for any venom. She gripped his biceps tight in a vice, eyes wild and utterly petrified.

"Look, I don't understand what's happening, what the hell that thing was or what ever Stiles has become, but please - Please just give him whatever he wants."

"...I don't know if I can."

🐾👣🐾👣🐾

Derek flicked through some books, researching all he could on resurrection lore when he heard the steps of four feet.

"Derek." Erica and Boyd. He looked to them, raising a brow at Erica's wind-blown hair. She had ran. "We think we found another pack in the area. We heard them."

"We've not looking to leave Stiles' pack, he's like a brother to us, but we don't know if it could a territory thing or not." Boyd explained when Derek stiffened, lips creased down and brows furrowed in a 'already?' gesture.