3 | THE RAVENCLAW

ACT ONE, forgotten homeCHAPTER THREE, the ravenclaw

CHAPTER THREE, the ravenclaw

Sirius Black didn't really have alot going for him in life. Especially, not in his current predicament. When you were stuck in Azkaban serving a life-long sentence and you had no idea what has become of the only family you had left, you only had one thought in mind. Escaping. And Sirius was going to do just that.

Luckily, in his year's at Hogwarts he hung around the likes of Calypso Black nee Krane and Lily Potter nee Evans, acquiring some of their smarts and knack for being secretive and quiet. Not to mention his own natural abilities of being sly and intelligent.

A few days after the night of James Potter and Lily Potter's death, Calypso Black disappeared. Sirius had gone to confront Peter Pettigrew, the sole reason that his best friends were dead, and left Calypso behind with Amara to plan an escape before the Death Eaters got to them. But it was too late. While Sirius was getting locked away, Rita Skeeter was there up in the stands and shouted to him that he probably killed his wife and child too since no one could find them. He lost it and was convinced that they were all still alive because this was Calypso they were talking about and Calypso was a fighter.

There was another person who didn't believe that Calypso Black and her daughter were dead and that was Remus Lupin.

Remus had been keeping an eye out for people he knew used to be Death Eaters (said they were under the affects of the Imperius Curse and got away with killing innocent people) and stumbled across the likes of Iris Rosier. The daughter of Cordelia Rosier and known for looking nothing like her family, with her curly black hair and eyes that resembled those of Calypso.

Just like Remus, it was Sirius' mission to find his daughter and Harry Potter, no matter the costs. And he knew that Calypso, wherever she may be, was busy making sure that everything was going according to plan.

''I think that by 'Keep' it means Dragon's Keep which is the home to Krane Manor. I've been there before and the house is big and black. No one ever goes in there, because only the owner of the house or family blood can unlock the house to reveal it's glory. Pretty cool if you ask me.'' Iris' Ravenclaw acquaintance, Elissa, said. Elissa lived by Iris and had agreed to help her. ''Are you going over there? Who gave you this riddle?''

''Just a friend.'' Iris lied and took the piece of parchment, stuffing it into her pocket. She forced a smile at Elissa and stood up. ''I believe that I better get going.''

''To Krane Manor? You're not related to the Krane's or the owner of the house.'' Elissa pointed out.

''Look, it's the only way I can get answers.'' Iris said.

''Answers about what?''

Iris didn't respond because she wasn't exactly sure what she could say that would make Elissa understand why she was doing what she was doing. 'To who I am' the girl wanted to scream out but she couldn't.

Iris had arrived and stood before Krane Manor as it towered over her. She had a feeling that maybe she could get in and she definitely wanted answers as to who exactly Calypso Krane was and why she was being led here by the woman in her dreams.

She walked up the long driveway and as she approached the door, it just swung open. A house elf dressed in pink and wore a smile on it's sad and tired face.

''Ms. Calypso? Is that you? Have you returned?'' She called out. Iris bent down and realized that the elf was blind. She smiled softly. ''Minnie has kept the house clean for you. Minnie knows that you gave her clothes, but Minnie waited a long time for your return.''

''I am so sorry, Minnie. But I am afraid that I am not Calypso.'' Iris said. Minnie's smile grew even wider.

''Miss Amara! Why, you sound so grown.'' Minnie smiled.

''Amara? My name's Iris.''

''But... but... that doesn't make any sense. Only Calypso, Sirius, and their daughter can enter this house.'' Minnie said. Iris frowned, thinking for a second. She shook her head to get the thought out of her mind.

"A woman with black hair and blue eyes sent me. A woman that kind of looks like me.'' Iris said. Minnie smiled.

''The Miss', I suppose. Calypso would only send you here for a reason and the house opened up to you. Notice, it has gotten much brighter since your arrival.'' Minnie said. Iris couldn't argue with that. They entered the room and Minnie walked around. Iris' eyes widened as she looked at the pictures that lined the walls. Specifically, the large portrait of someone she recognized quite well. Iris traced her fingers along the painting of Calypso Black.

''She's beautiful.'' Iris whispered. She watched as she was certain that the painting of Calypso winked at her. ''Her daughter... what happened to her?''

''Calypso knew that they would be coming for her, Miss Iris. It was all she and Miss Dorcas ever spoke about. In the last time that I heard from her, she wrote to me begging me to save myself and to hide something, in case her daughter ever found her way back to her. Calypso was at an inn in Little Hangleton when Death Eaters came and snatched Amara Black from her crib and Calypso disappeared. Many believe they are dead, but the smart ones know that Death Eaters took them. Sirius was locked away into Azkaban the day they were taken.'' Minnie reminisced.

''She fought in the war?''

''One of the strongest and bravest witches of her age. Her and Lily Potter fought side-by-side. Calypso married Sirius and had Amara Black. Funny thing, you say that your name is Iris. Amara Iris Black was her name.''

Iris shot up from her chair as Minnie smiled to herself. ''You cannot possibly think that I am the missing child of a murderer and a girl who pulled a disappaearing act. For all we know, Calypso took her baby and ran.''

''No! She would never. Calypso Black never gave up from a fight and it is your job, your duty, to save her. To find her. And it all starts with a riddle.''

''Why is it my job? And how do you know about the riddle?'' Iris asked.

''Why, Calypso told it to me the night she had the dream, of course. The key, Miss Iris.'' Minnie said. She held up a necklace and handed it to Iris. Iris recognized it almost immediately, as it was a time turner.

''What am I supposed to do?'' Iris frowned.

''Find Calypso and tell her that she needs to leave a vial of the cure in a place where only she will be able to find it. Tell her that she needs to make sure that she protects you at all costs and no matter what, she has to ensure your safety and the safety of her blood.'' Minnie said.

''You are very intelligent, Miss Minnie.'' Iris said, making the house elf smile bashfully.

''I am a house elf to Ravenclaws, I have to be.''