♠︎III♠︎ Struggle

Ashton's POV

It's unclear what the hell just happened-

I got into a fight with Reem because she's being bullied, and somehow she got so upset she ran away from me about to cry. 

I know when she needs her space, so I didn't follow her...but this is all just so, messed up. 

I don't know what she expects from me, she knows perfectly well how protective I am of her, especially after what happened.

I know I haven't been around that much over the past few weeks, maybe months, but I have to get ready for college and stuff. That's why I spend all my spare time with her, so she doesn't think I'm just gonna ditch her. She's my best friend, I wouldn't even be going to college if it wasn't for her. 

She had to talk me into going because I wanted to stay with her until she graduated high school. But nooo, "if you wait, you won't graduate with your class" she said "you have to wait two extra years to get a proper job" she said. She's right of course. She always is. 

I have no idea what I'd do without her. I probably wouldn't be here.

I had to apologize.

I picked up my bag and jogged to the nearest convenience store. I got her favourite chocolate and chips; a Mr. Big and sour cream and onion chips. I bought myself a Gatorade as well and left the store.

Now, where would she be. 

I started my journey walking around the neighbourhood looking for Reem. If I wanted to make it up to her right, I had to find her before the end of the day. 

I was walking and walking listening to music with whatever battery I had left on my phone. It had been nearly an hours and a half.

I was almost done my Gatorade, when I thought I heard her voice coming from around the corner. 

She sounded really upset. Worse than I'd seen her in a really long time. 

My music suddenly stopped and I knew my phone had finally died. 

As I got closer I could make out what she was saying.

Reem: "I've been through more in half my life, than you have in all of yours Dean!"

Dean. That has to be that asshole I punched in the face earlier. 

I finally turned the corner and saw them a few meters ahead. Reem had begun to storm off. 

Reem: "NO! DON'T TOUCH ME! JUST GO AWAY!" 

She was so upset, angry and hurt at the same time. I could feel it. 

Dean watched her run off and I walked up behind him. 

He turned around and starred me down.

Dean: "Ashton right? Reem has told me so much about you."

Ash: "You don't scare me dick head. I've fought way bigger and tougher guys for that matter. So watch your step." The swelling on his nose had gone down, but you could still tell someone had hit him in the face, hard. I crossed my arms and rolled my eyes. 

Dean: "I'd finish what you decided would be a good idea to start earlier, but you wouldn't be walking away from that. And Reem doesn't need to lose anyone else right now, does she?" He was trying to be threatening. He was right in front of me sizing himself up against me. I looked down and laughed.