VIII - Hush, baby

Start from the beginning

He slowly nodded.

"I am your best friends little sister." I stated more so to myself than to him. "We..." I paused, looking for the right words. "We can't ever be a thing. I'm just your best friends annoying little sister and it should stay like that."

He nodded again, but I swear he wasn't paying attention to what I was saying.

"I'm serious, Jack."

"You're hot when you're serious." He said, smirking.

Wait, what?! Did he really just say that?

"Jack!" I exclaimed, feeling the urge to slap him. "Where the hell is this coming from all of a sudden?"

He never fucking liked me, why did he just say that? And why did he almost kiss me in the car earlier?

"I am seriously going to injure your nut sack if you don't work with me here."

His eyes widened. "Okay, okay." He said, his hands automatically cupping his nuts. "Don't kick my balls."

Once in sophomore year I kneed him so hard in the balls after I found out he hooked up with one of my best friends, and he actually had to go to the hospital for it. He didn't talk to me for five months.

"Look, I don't know--" Suddenly a loud bang of thunder shook the freaking floor and I shrieked at the sound, clinging to Jack. A bolt of lightning flashed across the dark sky and rain started pouring down.

I was absolutely terrified of fucking thunder and I almost crapped my pants. Jack acted quickly, pulling the keys from my pocket while I almost squeezed him to death, hiding in his warmth. He unlocked the door to my house, holding me close while pretty much carrying me inside. Shivers ran up my spine and I whimpered as another loud bang of thunder echoed in the neighborhood and he closed the door behind us.

I could feel tears welling up, that's how scared I was.

"Hush, baby, shh," Jack whispered, petting my hair and lifting my feet off the ground as he carried me up the stairs. "I'm here, it's okay." He continued.

I had him in a death grasp basically. My face was pressed into his chest while he opened and closed a door before trying to put me down on what seemed to be my bed and he let go. Not two seconds later after I almost relaxed a little another sound of thunder exploded and I shrieked again, jumping off my bed and diving under my desk, curling into a ball.

My heart was hammering against my chest and I started crying. I hated thunder so much it wasn't even funny.

My face was pressed between my knees as I tried to become as little as possible before arms wrapped around my shoulders, and I was pulled into Jack's arms. I was a little surprised we both fit under my desk, but it worked, and I felt safer in his arms with his soothing words than ever.

My phone rang once again, waking me up from my short slumber. I felt nice and warm while I reached for my phone and picked up.

"Hello?" I mumble hoarsely.

"Hey, can you let me in, I don't have my key and it's pouring out."

My eyes were closed while I slowly progressed what was happening. "Who is this?"

"It's Jack you retard, hurry up, I'm soaking wet." And he hung up.

Jack... soaking... Wait, what?

Suddenly there was movement beside me in the dark and I shone my phones light on a sleeping Jack, his arm around me, my body sprawled atop of his.

Quickly I got on my feet, stumbling back and falling down on my bed.

What?

My phone rang again, bringing my mind back to Jack. He was outside in the rain.

"Shit." I exclaimed, before rushing out my room and down the stairs to unlock the front door. In front of me was a grumpy soaking Jack Johnson, quickly stepping inside our nice dry home.

"Get me a towel." He mumbled, and I nodded.

I rushed up the stairs again and into my room. I flicked on the light, instantly waking Jack who sat up straight in a flash while I opened my closet to get a towel.

"Where am I?" He mumbled, rubbing his eyes lazily.

I didn't say anything and left the room again, going downstairs and tossing my brother a towel.

"Is Jack here?" He asked me, starting to dry himself.

"Yeah..." I muttered, turning around again, and walking up the stairs, tired of my little stairs cardio after that power nap.

"Yo, Jack-O." Gilinsky suddenly appeared out of nowhere, passing me down the stairs. "How you been?"

"I'm good man. This weather is fucking horrible."

They started up their conversation while I silently made my way to my room, remembering his warm arms around me while I dozed off to sleep.