"Depends, have any pop?"

"The drink?"

"The music."

"I can't wait to break your legs today." Even as Derek said it, he could see his eyes crinkle in humour. Stiles chuckled and pulled his hoodie off to start his training.

Chris' words could take a walk.

🐾👣🐾👣🐾

Stiles had heard about Lydia, how she went missing during his week and a half of isolation in the woods. He remembered hearing a scream during that time, but didn't follow it. It had been feminine and shrill, and it hurt his ears. So he ignored it.

Lydia still seemed a bit out of it, weary of the world, but Stiles tried to be there as much as possible. Lydia hadn't been happy as first, yelling at him for going MIA while she was in hospital, but she slowly got over it as time went by. Stiles was just glad she was alive, that Peter hadn't turned her into a werewolf. He figured she was immune - it was the only possibly that seemed realistic to him. As realistic as it got in Beacon Hills with all its supernatural cafoo.

🐾👣🐾👣🐾

Isaac shuddered against the cool night air, looking around every time he felt like he was being watched. It was likely just him being paranoid at this point; once you found out about the supernatural, it became second nature really. It felt strange, knowing he was digging Kate Argent's grave, the woman Stiles had killed. Accidentally, but it was still a life taken, as much of a bitch she was.

Isaac's head whipped towards the woods, standing in the backhoe to squint into the darkness.

"Stiles?" He called softly, knowing Stiles would hear him nonetheless. He lets out a shriek when a sudden force hits the backhoe, toppling the machinery over the grave he was digging. He fell into it, knocking the breath out of him as he wheezed, groaning with a hand on his aching chest.

How poetic, dying in a grave. No, not poetic. Ironic more like it. Either way, Isaac wasn't ready to just lay down and die. Isaac jumped up, trying to grasp the backhoe to pull himself up - not that he had that kind of strength, but it was worth a shot.

Isaac's finger tips brushed it, but he couldn't get a grip, falling back down on his rump when a gust of wind blew by him, a figure flying over the backhoe. Isaac jumped once more, grasping the edge with all his might and peeking over as his arms shook with effort.

Something in the dark tore into a grave, ripping something from a corpse before Isaac fell back, unable to keep himself up any longer. He heard a loud whine before a deep growl overlapped it. Then silence. Isaac waited, heart thundering in fear. What if he was the things next meal?

He flinched when the backhoe suddenly rose back up, light shining down on him from the lamp post. Looking up, a rugged man with dark hair and green eyes smiled down at him, clad in leather and white polyester.

"Need a hand?" He offered his hand to Isaac, and he took it without a word. If this guy was the monster, at least he'd be able to run away on foot instead of trapped in a giant hole. The man stiffened once they were on the same level, nose twitching.

"Who are you?" He questioned, brows furrowed.

"Uh...Isaac?" He backed away slowly.