Chapter 6

(Justin's side)

                 I quite literally cannot pick up my jaw. I can't even take my eyes off of her. She looks absolutely captivating. I am under her spell. Christ, Justin! I need to get it together! Close your damn mouth. She's going to think you're crazy. Do I even care anymore? She is the pretti-no scratch that, the most enchantingly beautiful girl I have ever seen in my entire life. I have never felt this way about her. If was I was thinking I may like her before well this is pushing that over the edge. I am completely infatuated with her now. It's in the exact moment I saw her walk down those stairs, I knew I wanted to be with her. I knew I just had to have her. After the event that took place the night before, this makes it even more unbearable to not call her mine. I know I can't, because she said she doesn't want to date a guy like me. I can't blame her I wasn't the guy who wanted to be tied down. But for her? She can lock me up and throw away the key. Maybe I could change her mind? No, I should just keep my distance until this feeling goes away. She's my best friend and I shouldn't feel like this for her. She has made it pretty clear she doesn't want anything to ruin our friendship. So that's what I'll do. I will get over this and we will be back to normal soon.

"Hey, you ready to go?" I trying not to make eye contact with her. I'm not good at being secretive about my feelings. She knows me too well. I'm avoiding her eye contact and she knows it. FUCK!

"What's wrong? Do I look bad or something?" she says while touching her hair and then dress.

"No, no, no! Definitely not! You don't look bad at all." I smile bashfully.

"Thanks for your honesty." She smiles at me. I don't know why but I just noticed she has a really beautiful smile.

"Do you think I look like a girl tonight?" She asks me sarcastically. I roll my eyes. A woman; she looks like a woman. One that I am falling for and it is very dangerous for me to feel this way about her. Since she doesn't feel this way about me.

Jessie's side

We walk through the auditorium doors. It is magnificent in here! They really go all out with the decorations. The lights twinkle just right, there are snowflakes everywhere, and they even a DJ this year. They usually have a band of old timers playing songs from their youth. Everything is perfect and I feel like a princess. I leave my trance when I see everyone's eyes are on Justin and I.

"Justin, what are they all staring at?" I whisper to him.

"You. I they are looking at you." He smiles offering me his hand.

I accept it and we start walking down the steps again. We walk slower this time. Now that I am aware of everyone eyes on me, I don't want to get so nervous I fall. When we reach the bottom of the stairs, Justin asks me to dance. We make our way to the middle of the dance floor with the other couples dancing. In the corner of my eye, I see Cole standing there, with his girlfriend. He looks jealous. I like that I am making Cole squirm. He deserves it. I also see Amber, who's in love with Justin. She was supposed to be his date tonight and she looks extremely jealous too. If looks could kill. I can't help but smile at the thought. Justin spins me toward him and we start to dance. I place my hand in his and he places his other hand on my lower back. I find myself staring into his dreamy eyes. I have never seen him act like this. He tries to lead me so we can dance.

"Justin, I can't dance." I say embarrassed.

"Follow me okay? Do you feel my hand on your lower back?" he pushes on it a little. I definitely feel it. It makes me warm in places I shouldn't be warm in right now. This proximity to him is making me feel how I felt when we were kissing. I'm not sure that is a good thing.